Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with textsts

So I've had my M8 since it came out on Verizon and recently for the past month or so I've had trouble with texts. What happens is that it will take a really long time for the text to actually send. The icon indicating that it's sending will sometimes be there for a few minutes before it sends. Sometimes it won't send at all and I'll get a popup saying "general sms error". I've found that factory resetting the phone fixes the problem, but after about a week or so the problem returns. I've reset it twice now and both times texts were going out instantly for about a week. Then randomly I would have the problem again. It doesn't seem to be any particular app that is causing the problem. I went into Verizon once and they didn't seem to know what was going on. Any ideas guys? I don't want to have to reset my phone all of the time.

Default Re: Problem with textsts

Someone correct me if I am wrong here...

On Sprint there is a MSID number in the configuration that when I new phone is provisioned and the old phone you had is still technically still not full un-provisioned it can cause problems like this. The fix, with a tech/CSR on the line knowing what they are doing, is to factory hard reset the phone so it clears all provisioning data. right before you turn it back on the CSR will re-provision the phone on the back end giving your phone a new MSID number. Once you phone is provisioned and back on the network, text messages will work as expected. I know this because I had the exact same issue a few times when I have got a new phone. With Verizon, I am sure that the fix is similar since they are both CDMA based techs.

my Verizon one m8 does this as well. I just hold the power button and reset,seems to work
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bump. So I found that booting the phone into safe mode usually fixes the problem temporarily. so that's what I've been doing every time the issue resurfaces. However, today the safe mode trick isn't working. I would like to find a permanent solution because this has become really frustrating as you guys can probably imagine. Anyone else have an idea of what could be going on?

64 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Are you using any 3rd party apps for sending your txts?

HTC One (M8): Texting Issues

Whole thread about this already.