MMS Sending Issues

Justinphilly

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Good afternoon,

I cannot be the only one experiencing this, but I cannot send a video message EVER!! If I try to attach to an email, it says it cannot attach file bigger then 25mb, and no matter what messaging app (Go SMS, Messages, Textra, Chomp) i cannot attach a video either.

I know i can change the settings on my video camera to be MMS mode, which I have heard works, but is there an app or another way to send videos in their full resolution? I know i can upload to youTube, but that's a bit annoying..

Thanks for the help in advance..

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon,

I cannot be the only one experiencing this, but I cannot send a video message EVER!! If I try to attach to an email, it says it cannot attach file bigger then 25mb, and no matter what messaging app (Go SMS, Messages, Textra, Chomp) i cannot attach a video either.

I know i can change the settings on my video camera to be MMS mode, which I have heard works, but is there an app or another way to send videos in their full resolution? I know i can upload to youTube, but that's a bit annoying..

Try sharing with a Dropbox link. Or Facebook messenger.
Although I don't see why you can't through email...

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Good afternoon,
Sounds like you've got more than one sending method in there: first you mention email, but then you talk about messaging apps. Which are you trying to do, and have the problem with e-mail, text, or both?
If you're trying to e-mail you could try using your e-mail provider's webmail page from within a browser to see if you can attach larger files. You could also try a couple of website that convert video to other formats to try to shrink the file size.
If you're trying to text many of the text apps offer a feature that allows you to crop videos to send-able size, but I get the impression you don't want to do that either.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you've got more than one sending method in there: first you mention email, but then you talk about messaging apps. Which are you trying to do, and have the problem with e-mail, text, or both?
If you're trying to e-mail you could try using your e-mail provider's webmail page from within a browser to see if you can attach larger files. You could also try a couple of website that convert video to other formats to try to shrink the file size.
If you're trying to text many of the text apps offer a feature that allows you to crop videos to send-able size, but I get the impression you don't want to do that either.

If its gmail they're using, which it sounds like it is, I tried the mobile and desktop website and it also doesn't allow larger files.

Posted via Android Central App

Justinphilly

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

Sorry if i wasn't clear in my post, but I use gmail. But I have learned, thanks to mchockeyvette27, that you cannot attach files above 25mb on ANY means of email. But the inability to "simply" send a video via mms is annoying. I know iphones allow you to send videos via mms, but the quality of the video is HORRENDOUS. I just cannot understand why with all of the advancements in these phones and their cameras, that this is an issue.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if i wasn't clear in my post, but I use gmail. But I have learned, thanks to mchockeyvette27, that you cannot attach files above 25mb on ANY means of email. But the inability to "simply" send a video via mms is annoying. I know iphones allow you to send videos via mms, but the quality of the video is HORRENDOUS. I just cannot understand why with all of the advancements in these phones and their cameras, that this is an issue.

IPhone is able to because of imessage. Which isn't connected to the carriers restrictions. The whole MMS issue has everything to do with carrier restrictions on the size of the files you're trying to send. And that's unfortunate because you have no control over that then.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Only problem with iMessage is it holds you hostage if you want to leave. That said, that is one thing I wish Google could do better. Hangouts is a hot mess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma