Microphone issues

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I record a video it says another app is using the microphone it will now be terminated . Does anyone else have this problem.

Posted via Android Central App

riccowboy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the same thing happen. No idea why or what is going on. It'll be interesting to follow this thread .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's often due to Google Now, if you have it set to listen for Ok Google from any screen. Open Google Settings>Search & Now>Voice>"Ok Google" Detection, and uncheck "From any screen."

riccowboy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
It's often due to Google Now, if you have it set to listen for Ok Google from any screen. Open Google Settings>Search & Now>Voice>"Ok Google" Detection, and uncheck "From any screen."

From any screen is not checked on my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There might be some other app that has some kind of always listening feature. Can you think of any that you've installed?

riccowboy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
There might be some other app that has some kind of always listening feature. Can you think of any that you've installed?

Thanks for your help, but nothing that I know of. I noticed this a month or so ago, but never really worried about it. Then today I notice that someone else was seeing the same thing. Here's a screenshot of my running apps.

Attachments

• 19357.jpg
    19357.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode. If the problem goes away, then something you installed is causing that problem. The tricky thing is to figure out which app. You might have to uninstall apps one by one until it goes away. Steps for Safe Mode are at the bottom of this article. While you're at it, a cache partition wipe wouldn't hurt.

Reset: HTC One (M8) | T-Mobile Support

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've tried everything except deleteing apps and it's not to bad of a problem I was just wondering if it could be a drain on my battery that was my main concern.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I just read the replies and I went and unchecked the box in Google now that said from any screen and that did it that fixed the problem . Thanks B. Diddy for your help now that I know what it is I'm just gonna leave it checked cause I like that feature on Google now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy