I need some help with a few issues I am having with my M8, can anyone help?

Javissdaviss

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
M8 volume and speed issues...

Hi there. I've had my M8 now since the end of June and I was very impressed by it when it arrived, especially how speedy it is and the volume it can throw out!
However, I've noticed that the device volume just doesn't seem to be as loud or punchy as it was when I first got the device. It's not a huge difference and it's still loud, but it's a bit annoying! Anyone noticed this with their device?
Another issue I've found is that the device definitely isn't as fast as it was, and seems to be gradually getting slower.
I use Du Speed Booster to keep on track of CPU usage etc. But it doesn't really seem to make much difference?
Any advice?
Any one else noticed some slight deterioration since getting the device?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: M8 volume and speed issues...

Not that I can think of.

Edit: Hit send too soon. I also haven't been running a stock ROM in a while, that may be part of it.

ecjd

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

That does seem weird. Maybe the novelty has worn off?

Have you installed a ROM or are you still running stock Sense?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm still using stock everything. Nothing has really been changed.

How many apps you have installed? Have you ever clear the cache. The last OTA we got there are a lot of reports that the sound isnt as loud as it was.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

However, I've noticed that the device volume just doesn't seem to be as loud or punchy as it was when I first got the device.
Another issue I've found is that the device definitely isn't as fast as it was, and seems to be gradually getting slower.
I use Du Speed Booster to keep on track of CPU usage etc. But it doesn't really seem to make much difference?
Any advice?
Any one else noticed some slight deterioration since getting the device?

There are separate volume settings for different things. Have you checked to see if it only effecting one type of sound? (Playing music, ringtones, etc). Press up or down on one of the volume buttons and then click the sprocket that briefly appears to the right of on screen volume gauge. From there you can adjust ringtone, music and videos, alarm, and notification volumes independently. Is it just with the speakers the sound isn't loud enough, or is it not loud enough for you with headphones too?

Try going into system diagnostic and see if the volume seems low in the tests there. To get into diagnostic mode go to the phone dialer and type:
*#*#3424#*#*

Have you booted into safe mode to see if the volume is low there too?
Restart the Device in Safe Mode - The all new HTC One® (M8)

I've never used Du Speed Booster, but I doubt its doing anything anything to speed up the naturally fast m8. If you want to speed up the CPU you can go into developer mode and set it to be faster, but I don't think that's necessary given how fast the phone is normally. The phone has built in CPU usage monitoring, so I don't see why you'd need Du Speed Booster.

What types of things is it slow to do? If its slow to boot you could enable fast boot (just make sure you disable it before doing doing system cache wipes). If its slow opening apps you could try switching from Dalvik runtime to ART runtime.