sms not sending on HTC One (M8)

naughtydog

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
As the title suggests my sms arnt sending. I'm on the ee network in the UK. It's almost certainly not a network issue. My service number is correct and it does it randomly. Some days they will send no problem and some days it takes me half an hour of toggling aircraft mode and restarting my m8 just to send one sms. After two weeks of thisI have almost had enough and if I can't sorted it I am ready to sell. I am not alone either if you Google the issue there are plenty of us. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I've sometimes experienced the same issue. Restarting the phone has fixed it for me every time, and I've only had to do it MAYBE once every 2 weeks. Your issue sounds more severe - I'm sure someone else here can help you. If worst comes to worst, you can do a reset of the phone, which may solve the problem.

naughtydog

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I have done two factory resets already and that does seem to work for a few days and then I'm back to square one. I'm loath to do another reset because it's so tiresome reloading everything back onto my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Billy4202

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue with my m8 not too long ago as well on Verizon in the US. For about three days, my texts either failed to send or would take upwards of an hour. Restarting fixed it for me, maybe have your carrier exchange it?

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If it's the thing where restarting and toggling airplane mode works, it's a software interfacing with the network wrong issue. We had that at launch on some carriers here in the US, and I can tell you that at least for my carrier it was fixed with a software update they rolled out. Definitely report it to your carrier and tell them to tell their people to roll out an update.

Netbe

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I think you have problem with your Sim card. Please try to pull the SIM or put it in airplane mode for a few seconds then take it off. I think it`s best thing you can do with this.

BruceCk

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had problems with my unlocked M8 on EE too. I've had a batch of texts I sent arrive in a lump 3 days later, and sometimes sent again a day or two later. The signal in my house is patchy, and recently, I've decided to switch 4G off while at home, as I use wireless for data. This seems to improve reliability of texts, as it doesn't have to switch back to 3G to send and receive texts. I switch back to 4G when out and about. EE said it was the phone, but I'm not convinced, so hoping an update will fix it. I've turned on sent notifications, so at least you can tell when it's not working quickly, and try a quick Airplane mode and back.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante