Why isn't my USB Storage working in ART?

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
USB Storage not working in ART

So after I changed from Dalvik to ART I noticed that the USB Storage function is no longer working. Anyone else got the same?

Sent from my HTC One M8

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: USB Storage not working in ART

By USB Storage you're talking about connecting something like a USB flash drive or SD card reader to your phone using a special cable, correct? I've been meaning to buy one of those adapter cables, but haven't got around to it. (If I get around to getting one in the next few days I'll let you know if I have the same problem with my ART configured m8.

Verizon's website says the m8 doesn't support USB storage, but you're saying you had it working on your m8 using Dalvik, correct? (Where you using 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 with Dalvik, and how about with ART - are you using the same version of the OS)?
USB Mass Storage - The all new HTC One® (M8)

HTC's website has it listed as a type of storage in their m8 section, so I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon's website has incorrect information.
HTC One (M8) Support - Types of storage | HTC United States

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: USB Storage not working in ART

By USB Storage you're talking about connecting something like a USB flash drive or SD card reader to your phone using a special cable, correct? I've been meaning to buy one of those adapter cables, but haven't got around to it. (If I get around to getting one in the next few days I'll let you know if I have the same problem with my ART configured m8.

Verizon's website says the m8 doesn't support USB storage, but you're saying you had it working on your m8 using Dalvik, correct? (Where you using 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 with Dalvik, and how about with ART - are you using the same version of the OS)?
USB Mass Storage - The all new HTC One® (M8)

HTC's website has it listed as a type of storage in their m8 section, so I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon's website has incorrect information.
HTC One (M8) Support - Types of storage | HTC United States

Doesn't he mean just plugging it in to a computer and using the phone as USB storage?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol