LG3 or HTC One M8?

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
LG 3 or HTC One M8?

I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and love it. But the lack of screen brightness and the fact that they placed a governor on the volume level is really an annoyance. I crank Metallica in my car and it is still low. This only happens with this phone. I tested my friend's phones and the volume is very loud.

I'm looking to trade up to an LG3 or the HTC ONE M8.

I was just wondering what your personal take is on these phones?

I don't use the phone that make to make calls. I use it mainly to read articles, news, listen to music in my car and watch videos.

Thanks

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
M8 is awesome. 2 front facing speakers are great for listening to music. Plus it's easy to make it your own by rooting it and installing custom roms and other mods.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG G3 and my Wife has the HTC M8. I really enjoy both phones! It appears that sound volume and quality is a priority for you (as is my wife) and that is the only reason she chose the M8 over the G3. Both phones are very fast, about the same size, I give the edge to LG G3 in screen quality, battery life about the same. The G3 does produce better quality photos, but the M8 does a fine job. Go into a store, play with both, and listen to the sound on both. My guess is that you will walk out as a proud owner of the HTC M8!! Enjoy!

Posted via the Android Central App

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I owned a g3 for a few days. I was really disappointed. It lagged and the screen wasn't all that, looking washed out. The signal was really poor. I was annoyed I'd signed into a new contract for it and longed for my old nexus 5. Luckily the network let me swap to an m8 and I love it. So so so much better. I like sense 6 and prefer the phone overall to my nexus. It feels like a proper upgrade.

People do seem to like the g3 so maybe I just got an early version of the software I don't know but I'd definitely rate the m8 much higher

Posted via Android Central App

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
LG 3 or HTC One M8?
I don't use the phone that make to make calls. I use it mainly to read articles, news, listen to music in my car and watch videos.
Thanks
For reading articles and news you're not going to see a significant difference in image quality. The m8's blinkfeed will give you quick access to those articles, so accessing those might be a little quicker and easier on the m8.
For listening to music and watching videos the m8 with its dual facing front speakers has the advantage (especially for the videos, and your perception of what side the sounds in the scenes are coming from). The m8 has BoomSound which will give you better drum and bass guitar sound reproduction than the g3. (Which is a big part of Metallica's music).

What carrier do you have? Some people on certain carriers report laggy, buggy, hot running g3 systems. Read what people are saying about g3 issues on your carrier, and if there is a lot of reports of problems then you may want to lean toward the m8.

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile

My issue is screen brightness, which is pretty awful on the Galaxy S4

The other huge problem is they put a governor on the volume. In listen to music in my car via Bluetooth and it is VERY LOW. I crank it up but the S4 caps the volume and nothing can be done to change it outside of rooting my phone, which I will never do. It is a very annoying characteristic. I read through various Galaxy forums and this seems to be endemic to Samsung phones. I listened in my car with an iPhone, LG and HTC phones and it the sound and volume are awesome. Wish I knew beforehand.

But...the Galaxy S4 is am amazing phone overall.

lamy11685

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've only had the m8 for about a week, after coming from the iPhone 5. I can easily say it's the best phone I've ever used. I don't think you can go wrong with either but the HTC is a sweet phone!

jhong1226

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the G3 on Verizon, don't really have that heating problems that people are talking about. Never owned an m8 but i heard good thing about the speakers and metal body. I do like having removable battery ( i have extra battery and external battery charger) and micro sd slot for i have a lot of hd movies and mp3 files( i dont mind the speakers coz i use headphones most of the time). The 4k display is nice to have in case I would have 4k movies in the future. I also like the camera on the g3 ,takes very good pictures and 4k video recording is a plus.
All in all it really depends on what your preference is, every phone has its pros and cons. Its up to you which one fits you best.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile

My issue is screen brightness, which is pretty awful on the Galaxy S4

The other huge problem is they put a governor on the volume. In listen to music in my car via Bluetooth and it is VERY LOW. I crank it up but the S4 caps the volume and nothing can be done to change it outside of rooting my phone, which I will never do. It is a very annoying characteristic. I read through various Galaxy forums and this seems to be endemic to Samsung phones. I listened in my car with an iPhone, LG and HTC phones and it the sound and volume are awesome. Wish I knew beforehand.

But...the Galaxy S4 is am amazing phone overall.

The G3's I tested in store don't have very bright screens and do a lot of auto dimming. Have you looked at the G3 in a store to check the brightness level? I preferred the M8 screen brightness over the G3. I haven't tried using any of my BT speakers on my M8, (I just got it yesterday), but the built in speakers are awesome. Sounds crazy good through headphones as well. Way better than my iPhone using the EarPods that came with the iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87