HTC One M8 Mystery pop up app

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
My messages? This app has just started popping up out of the blue. Usually occurs when I first turn my screen on. Appears as a blank white screen. The screen shot is what it shows when I pull up recent apps. I've got the same apps on this phone that I had on my m7 and never had this happen.

Attachments

• 1411052527836.jpg
    1411052527836.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 63

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mystery pop up app

Long-press "My Messages" in that Recent Apps list, and it should give you an App Info option. Look to see what app it is.

EDIT: I take that back--I guess on the M8, you don't get the App Info option. Just tried it on my wife's M8. Is there a My Messages app in your Settings>Apps>All list?

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

No I checked already. When it pops up I check running apps and nothing out of the ordinary seems to be running.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

My messages? Usually occurs when I first turn my screen on. Appears as a blank white screen. The screen shot is what it shows when I pull up recent apps. I've got the same apps on this phone that I had on my m7 and never had this happen.

If you go to app manager -> all do you have a "my messages" listed? How about a .com.andriod.sms , .com.sprint.sms, or .com.sprint.mymessages? If any of those exist you could try a clear cache on them. You can also do a system cache wipe, and see if that corrects the problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

For the benefit of others checking out this thread, which apps did you delete? And did you wipe the system cache partition (from the Recovery Menu), or the individual app caches (from the regular Settings menu)?

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I have the avg antivirus app that I cleared the cache through and honestly I don't remember all the apps I deleted but it included the worldstar app, break.com, and a few others.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Also deleted facebook Messenger app and link bubble which was the most recent download and probably the culprit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith