HTC One M8 I escaped the walled garden...

Benji stark-elster

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5, got it day it was released. I loved it at first, but couldn't spend 2 yrs with that little customizability. I sold it for $350 in July, 2 months from my contract ending, and FINALLY, got an htc one m8 on eBay, just $500, great phone, and I can upgrade my phone on contract now, so here's what i did. I got an iPhone 4 $80, and i just have it to Verizon so I can get free iPhone 6 on contract which saves $120. Now, I just sold it for $775! I made $630 profit after ebay fees and iPhone 4, so in the end I got the HTC one m8 and $430!!! I may sell my HTC one m8 because the moto x looks awesome and I can get it for $475 16gb wood pure edition (switching T-Mobile) because I get $50 off for being a teacher. Could not be happier! What's your opinion on rooting? With my iPhone 5 I had a nexus 7 both gens the whole time so I'm very familiar with android.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: I escaped the walled garden...

I had an iPhone 5, got it day it was released. I loved it at first, but couldn't spend 2 yrs with that little customizability. I sold it for $350 in July, 2 months from my contract ending, and FINALLY, got an htc one m8 on eBay, just $500, great phone, and I can upgrade my phone on contract now, so here's what i did. I got an iPhone 4 $80, and i just have it to Verizon so I can get free iPhone 6 on contract which saves $120. Now, I just sold it for $775! I made $630 profit after ebay fees and iPhone 4, so in the end I got the HTC one m8 and $430!!! I may sell my HTC one m8 because the moto x looks awesome and I can get it for $475 16gb wood pure edition (switching T-Mobile) because I get $50 off for being a teacher. Could not be happier! What's your opinion on rooting? With my iPhone 5 I had a nexus 7 both gens the whole time so I'm very familiar with android.

Posted via the Android Central App
Wow, very smart! And congrats on stealing your soul back from CrApple.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Rooting is technically an exploit int he OS. Does it open you up to more vulnerabilities, yes. But if the user is diligent, that extra risk is minimal.

Don't forget, it also voids your warranty, if that is something that concerns you.

Posted via Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't feel like there's any reason to root the One M8 for me.

It's super fast, battery is great, I prefer Sense 6 over stock KitKat, and the phone does everything I need it to do. Don't see rooting improving the phone in any way for me personally.

Add to that the warranty voiding and the hassle trying to get S-Off and all that nonsense. Yeah, I'll pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12