HTC One M8 Battery Life?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Life?

Welcome to Android Central! We can't tell much from that, because you're currently at 9%, and the stats say you used 57% battery in 5 hrs. So you didn't start at 100%. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Yeah but even off of that, I would say that 4 hours screen time on just a little over half a battery is fine. I usually will get around 7 hours screen time on 15-20 hours with 8 - 16% left when I charge it at the end off the day. 👍

Posted via Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but even off of that, I would say that 4 hours screen time on just a little over half a battery is fine. I usually will get around 7 hours screen time on 15-20 hours with 8 - 16% left when I charge it at the end off the day. ??????

Damn I don't get that much.

I tend to get 5.5 - 6 hours screen time per day, but most of the time I'm on 4G rather than wifi, so that could add to it.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow I get around 4, sometimes a bit more and I thought that was good! My nexus 5 used to struggle to make it to 3 so its a huge improvement over what I was used to

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I would say that 4 hours screen time on just a little over half a battery is fine. I usually will get around 7 hours screen time on 15-20 hours with 8 - 16% left when I charge it at the end off the day. ??????
I tend to get 5.5 - 6 hours screen time per day.
I only get 4.5 hours of screen on
Wow I get around 4.
Don't forget that your screen brightness setting, and what you're doing during that screen-on time are big factors in battery life. Someone who has the screen dimmed all the way, and is mainly using the phone for texting during that time is going to see a lot more battery life than someone with a higher brightness settings that is watching a lot of videos and/or playing a lot of games during screen-on time.