Why am I unable to send photos in a message on my HTC One M8?

Summerlee340

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Unable to send photos in a message on my HTC One M8 and question re Messages App

Normally, up until yesterday, I am able to send pictures (from my camera on this phone) in a text message through Messsage Plus. I switched to Messages and still was unable to send photos in a text. I can send text messages, but just not pictures in a message. I spoke with Verizon and the rep advised me to clear the data by going to App Manager, etc. I did that and it still didn't work... about five minutes after I send a photo in a text message I get the message "unable to send messages after several attempts".

Second issue: I am using the Messages App as mentioned and I cannot figure out how to access my contacts. When I touch the magnifying glass search icon, it takes me to "search messages" with no other option. The only other choices I saw were "delete threads", "undelivered", "drafts", "backup", etc.

Thanks very much. Maybe I should try another (free) message app? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Summer

Last edited:

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unable to send photos in a message on my HTC One M8 and question re Messages App

Check your Access Point Names under settings»Mobile Data»Access Point Names, and make sure they match up with your carrier.

http://apn-settings.com/verizon-4g-lte-apn-settings-detailed-configuration-steps/

For the finding your contacts in messages app, press the + button not the search. It will go to a screen that will allow you to input message to a new contact.

Posted via Android Central App

Summerlee340

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unable to send photos in a message on my HTC One M8 and question re Messages App

Hi Nexus,
Thanks for your quick response. I appreciate it.

Okay, so I went to Settings/MobileData/CDMA Options/Access Point Names and then it said Internet and under that it said vzwinternet. Next, I read the instructions in your link and noticed that the values that currently exist under my APN are different than what your link says. For example, my MNC is 480 and the link says 012, I have a MMS protocol WAP2.0, yet I don't see the word protocol in your link, also my APN is "enabled" and my APN type says: default, hipri, dun, supl. I've never done anything like this before, a veritable newbie, so, (I hope you can bear with me) The values are vastly different than the ones in your link, does that even matter?

I continued on by tapping Access Point Names (under CDMA options) then the screen shows Internet vzwinternet and the next screen shows Name Internet (which is greyed out) and the only words that are black are APN vzwinternet. The rest, Proxy, Port, Username etc. are greyed out. When I click on the three button menu my choices are save or discard. When I tap on APN the words vzwinternet is there and the choices of cancel or ok.

Like the link suggests, I want to create a new APN. How do I when the choices are either save or discard? So I don't bother you too much, should I call Verizon? I would prefer not to though. My phone is an HTC One M8.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Anybody else on here that can tell is what the APN settings are for Verizon on their phones? Sorry bro, unfortunately I'm on AT&T, so I wouldn't be much help other than a Google search.

salm04

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

You can try to send a picture with wifi off to see if it works that way, also try to send a picture using the Stock Messaging app as well to see if you run into the same problems there

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I was having the same issue. I tried everything, I finally discovered it was because when I was on WiFi I would disable mobile data. Mobile data needs to be turned on to send photos..now that I leave both WiFi and Mobile data on,I have had 100% success rate both sending and receiving photos..

Hope this helps.

Summerlee340

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Hi Mike McQuaid, I discovered I did have WiFi off. Don't know why - I thought I had changed it. Anyhow, I tried to send a picture from my camera on my phone in a message and nothing happened. When I have more time, I will try to figure it out. Thanks.

Donna

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11