Has anyone had their M8 mistaken for an iPhone 6 yet?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I agree. HTC better step their camera game up when the M9 comes out. And I don't mean this 13MP Duo camera shooter they have out now. They need to scrap that Duo Camera, get back to OIS, and keep Ultra Pixel just bump it up to 8MP. Apple has discovered 8MP is the sweet spot. Also, there is talk of optical zoom that they are working. They can't be messing around with an also ran camera this time.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
When did the camera become the most important thing on a CELL PHONE? These are communication devices. The camera was thrown in some time back as a gimmick to get people to buy "their" brand of cell phone. Just think of what these things can do...text, email, search the web, play music, stream music, pay bills, buy stuff (we don't need), watch TV and movies, stream movies, create and edit documents, take photographs etc., etc., and wonder of wonders...they can even make phone calls to nearly every spot on the globe. And on top of that, if you want to know where you or anyone else is located on the globe you have a GPS. It's nearly a miracle that these things even work as good as they do...and yet, the biggest complaint is about the camera? If you want to take pictures that you can blow up to the size of your living room wall then buy a camera that is designed for such a thing. A cell phone camera is designed to show the pictures it takes on a cell phone screen. The M8 is capable of taking outstanding pictures in auto mode, and if you know what you're doing the manual settings makes it even better. This is the best phone money can buy right now. Be glad you were smart enough to purchase one.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
When did the camera become the most important thing on a CELL PHONE? These are communication devices. The camera was thrown in some time back as a gimmick to get people to buy "their" brand of cell phone. Just think of what these things can do...text, email, search the web, play music, stream music, pay bills, buy stuff (we don't need), watch TV and movies, stream movies, create and edit documents, take photographs etc., etc., and wonder of wonders...they can even make phone calls to nearly every spot on the globe. And on top of that, if you want to know where you or anyone else is located on the globe you have a GPS. It's nearly a miracle that these things even work as good as they do...and yet, the biggest complaint is about the camera? If you want to take pictures that you can blow up to the size of your living room wall then buy a camera that is designed for such a thing. A cell phone camera is designed to show the pictures it takes on a cell phone screen. The M8 is capable of taking outstanding pictures in auto mode, and if you know what you're doing the manual settings makes it even better. This is the best phone money can buy right now. Be glad you were smart enough to purchase one.

Your post makes no sense. Camera has become standard. The competition has better cameras. What's your point?

Posted via the Android Central App

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I got people confused my M8 for an iPhone6 before iPhone6 even started being sold.

Sent from my HTC One M8

^^^This.

And about the camera, the one on M8 is good, I've taken a bunch of great pics with it on vacation and other trips. But at times I do wish it have 8MP or more. And for the GPS, I don't know any of you have really used it in places you're not familiar with (nobody talks about it herre). I was truly amazed by the speed (the phone processor) and the accuracy (the GPS receiver must be the latest version and installed so properly that it's not interfered by the phones metal body) and the Google Map's all around capacity. e.g. Approaching a highway exit, the map would automatically zoom in gradually and timingly as you approach. And when you miss a turn, it already gets you a recalculated route already in like a sec.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Sure it does...it makes as much sense as people complaining about how bad the camera is. Then get another PHONE if you don't like the camera. People are never satisfied. I can see it now...in a few years our cell phones will be able to beam us up to our star ships and there will be someone complaining that "XYZ brand can do it faster and with less static cling in my clothes! And the camera still stinks!"

So my point is that the M8 is arguably the best communications device you can get, and people still complain. The perfect phone does not exist and it never will because the day it does is the day people stop buying new phones and the economy collapses for those who design, manufacture, and sell these devices. The end.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Sure it does...it makes as much sense as people complaining about how bad the camera is. Then get another PHONE if you don't like the camera. People are never satisfied. I can see it now...in a few years our cell phones will be able to beam us up to our star ships and there will be someone complaining that "XYZ brand can do it faster and with less static cling in my clothes! And the camera still stinks!"

So my point is that the M8 is arguably the best communications device you can get, and people still complain. The perfect phone does not exist and it never will because the day it does is the day people stop buying new phones and the economy collapses for those who design, manufacture, and sell these devices. The end.

So people can't comment on what features need work even on a good phone? Strange, I thought this was a forum where people could express their opinions about all features of their phones.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Your logic is so flawed.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes at work. It's weird because I've had the M8 well before the 6 and people have seen me with it in hand and it's not only till recently have people been asking me is that an iPhone 6

Posted via Android Central App

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The camera has not become the standard. Where are you getting your info from? Well, your opinion I suppose. Actually the number one thing that concerns most people and that most people complain about is the phones battery. I don't see why you would want a top of the line $300-$700 camera on an already outrageously priced phone. Do you people not realize that in itself would raise the price even higher? The camera on most phones is more than enough. As Jaseman stated, the camera is designed to show the pics it takes on the phone itself. I don't rely on my phones camera, sure it's nice to have because of conveince alone but it's not my first go to. The smartphone does so much and yet the CAMERA, that does nothing more than take pics and video is what most people complain about. Y'all make me laugh.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You can't ignore the direction that other manufacturers are making. There is a reason HTC has ditched UltraPixels going forward. I am actually looking forward to the M9 because of that.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
You can't ignore the direction that other manufacturers are making. There is a reason HTC has ditched UltraPixels going forward. I am actually looking forward to the M9 because of that.

They haven't ditched anything, they've put cheaper sensors in cheaper phones

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae