(M8) Do you Regret your choice ??

praghan

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
How many of you regret your choice about buying m8 after the release of iphone 6.or any other phone.if yes which one ?? Also you all like the iphone 6 than your phone ??

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
No regrets at all. 2012 and 2013 I spent the whole year swapping phones, buying new ones etc but the M8 is the only phone that has kept me interested since I bought it, I love it.

I wouldn't swap it for an Iphone as I'm too heavily invested into Google now, plus I don't want to :) they bore me!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I did a fair bit of research and based on the criteria specific to my enjoyment of a phone, the M8 has been far and away the best phone for me. As for Apple, I'm not a fan of their device environment, so never had much interest in them regardless of specs. And the amount of fans obsessing over them is also a turn off for me... It's almost like a cult in some ways (I'm sure the same could be said for Android, but it's not as prevalent it seems). IPhones have their place for some people, just not with me.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
No regrets here...especially since I saved $400-$500 getting a brand new M8 for $375 off ebay. This is based on off contract pricing obviously. Iphones are too expensive if you ask me.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Aluminum casing that bends for the iPhone? And an os that bricks your device? No comparison, the M8 is a much better and robust device.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
M8 is a great piece of technology.. Love my decision! Best smartphone I've ever owned!

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not a single regret.

I have my M8 and a Galaxy S5 from work. Prefer my M8. I deal with iPhones on a daily basis at work, and it's almost never a positive experience. iPhone 6 is nothing new. It's Android from 2012, just with fewer features and less options. I'll stick with my M8 and be perfectly satisfied with it.

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't regret my choice, I wouldn't say I'll never to return to Apple with the 6s next year. Just depends what's on the market and what's changed in regards to needs and apps. This #bendgate story is a bit far fetched to say the M8 doesn't bend and iPhones do. If you don't take care of your gadgets they will end up bent, scratched, and cracked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
No regrets here either. Call quality & clarity remain my top criteria for a phone, smart or not, and the M8 definitely delivers on sound and reception. The new iPhones look good, and I definitely want to swing by a store to find out how the 6Plus fits in my hand. I figure if I can deal with the 6Plus, I'll be good to go the day the M8 Max or Prime becomes a reality. That's the day I may start thinking about "regrets."

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This phone is definitely the best on the platform. Unless you want a removable battery (LG g3) or you want a smaller phone (z3 compact) this is the number one choice on android. Great battery life, unsurpassed build quality, and great speakers. I think the number one differentiator on this phone is software. Sense 6 is so refined and it surprises me from time to time. The iPhone, however, doesn't need so much bashing, if you want to go to ios and are willing to sacrifice a little battery life, the iPhone 6 is the way to go. For me, it's the m8 any day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dominic Asamoah

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Not a bit... I love music. The audio capabilities of the M8 is what drove me to choose it over the iPhone 5s, S5, G3 and the Z2.
I also love the premium build quality and the beautiful LCD 3 screen.I don't take a lot of pictures. When I do, I post them with filters on social media and I'm fine with what the M8 produces, though it could be better in future. Maybe the M9 will give us a near perfect phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

kakusan

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't regret it and love so many things about this phone. (Had it about 8 weeks after switching from Iphone 5) Just some strange quirks that seem so easy to fix. For example - Ap's opening from lock screen while in pocket, Pocket dialed 911 a couple of times (magic locker has since fixed this however I should not have to do 3 steps to open phone to fix problem) and strangely while on a call the proximity sensor seems to fail at times and I start opening Ap's and changing settings with my ear. (this happens mostly outdoors in sunlight). these things seem to not happen to all but if you search it does happen, If they fixed these small glitch type things phone would be perfect. With that said overall very happy with phone and Andriod platform.

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I once told someone that while the iphone had fewer features than Android, it is very good at what it does. I think Apple is catching up. I'm honestly starting to think that the iphone is a better choice since it has a great camera, and fewer issues with hardware. The resale value is also excellent. It love Android, and have never owned an iphone, but I'm growing tired of dealing with bugs, both hardware and software. With all the Google apps now running on iOS it's tempting to try an iphone.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I definitely do not regret my decision. While, I am eyeing other phones, because I cannot help but to look lol. I honestly very satisfied with this phone! I think I'll be set for a little while longer.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from a M7 so it'd be nearly impossible to say that I regret my choice because it took me almost two years to actually upgrade to the M8 because the M7 was a fabulous device and the M8 is even better. No iPhone will sway me away from this beauty.

ray11961

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I do regret my choice. I travel a lot and pictures matter a lot to me. Compared to my previous phone (iphone 5S) the picture quality is very bad and i am always disappointed when i look at my pics :((

As i have just bought the M8, i am pretty much stuck with it and have no other choice than bringing my digital camera with me everywhere. I hope HTC will come up with a solution very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith