IS HTC no longer selling unlocked/developer phones?

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I just went to the HTC US website to check pricing on the HTC One M8/Unlocked edition, and it says that they are no longer available?! Is there a new M9 coming out so that the M8 is no longer being sold, or is it that AT&T and the others made HTC stop selling unlocked/developer phones? I planned on replacing my AT&T M7 with an unlocked M8 at Christmas time (my gift to me).

seadersn

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
save some bucks, buy a standard one and convert it on your own *g* sry, no good deal, but it seems it's the only way to get a special m8 since now :(

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
What's the difference between "Developer" and "Unlocked" in the HTC store? Both show the Sense launcher in action on the sample shot, but I'm sure that is a mistake.

Posted via the Android Central App

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
What's the difference between "Developer" and "Unlocked" in the HTC store? Both show the Sense launcher in action on the sample shot, but I'm sure that is a mistake.

Unlocked means you can use it on any carrier.

Developer edition has unlocked bootloader

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked means you can use it on any carrier.

Developer edition has unlocked bootloader

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Oh I understand that use of the word unlocked. Didn't know that what was meant here. So if I get T-Mobile to unlock my M8, I get updates from HTC directly then?