4.4.3 update has caused Htcdm to keep phone awake

dindin6

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have had grt battery since I bought my HTC m8 in April. Recently the battery has gone down and cell standy has been high. Battery status shows awake as a constant now and htcdm indicates long awake times. 22 hrs etc.

I have refrained from installing the new update which keeps popping up and has only 2 options to choose from- install later Or install now.
My guess is this alone is the culprit. How do I get out of this? Im not rooted. This awake thing is driving me crazy.

dindin6

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
User should not be forced to update. I dont want to as battery issues have been reported in the new update.

But I think I might have found a solution to this by force stopping HTCdm. But each time I charge my phone the update notification comes back and htcdm has to be force stopped. I just hope this force stopping causes no issues.
Still I would like to know how to bypass this update popup.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, how did you pull up HTCdm as having long wake times? Wake Lock Detector is the only app i know of that can give that kind of reporting and Kit Kat phones have to be rooted to make use of it. Since you said you're not rooted, are you sure you're looking at awake times for the app and not battery usage?

dindin6

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Mooncatt, I could be wrong and correct me if so, but under settings>power>usage I saw htcdm. It did mention keep awake as 22h. After force stopping it, neither do I see htcdm listed under usage nor is my phone awake for enormous stretches of time. Offcourse I keep forcestopping htcdm each time update notification pops up.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, you are right. Some system apps do report a keep awake time in that screen. I didn't know that and it also looks like not all of them report an awake time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20