htc M8 to Note 4

Buzzkillington32

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been debating about trading in my M8 for the Note 4. Reviews are good all around on the Note. Is anyone else planning on switching to the Note 4 when it arrives?

Posted via Android Central App

ChristianStella

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Test the headphone jack's volume output first. Bring a song on your own microsd card if you have to and do a comparison with the m8 in store. I traded the Note3 for the m8 because I just couldn't deal with the headphone jack. It starts to distort a few notches from the loudest setting, which the m8 does to a degree as well, but the m8 is loud enough to not have to go up that high. The Note3 could barely get loud enough at full, distorted blast. It was a bummer. From what I've read the note 4 is equally underpowered. Such a shame. It seems amazing otherwise and I don't want to have to carry around and charge a headphone amp.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
In my experience Samsung phones have pretty shoddy build quality. It doesn't take much to break them and quite often the internals fail too from heavy usage.

Having had an S3 for almost 2 years and currently have the Note 3 (along with my M8 ) this is a pretty bold statement. Internals fail under heavy use ???? It doesn't take much to break them ??? I'd say they fare very well stacked against their competition. Are you a Samsung hater?

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Having had an S3 for almost 2 years and currently have the Note 3 (along with my M8 ) this is a pretty bold statement. Internals fail under heavy use ???? It doesn't take much to break them ??? I'd say they fare very well stacked against their competition. Are you a Samsung hater?
Lol, no. It's just been my experience. I'm happy for you that yours has been otherwise. There's no need to get so aggressive.

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
As much as I'd like to switch I can't tear myself from my M8 which has been nearly perfect since Day One when it was first released.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth I had a Note 3 and aside from the size of the phone it was an excellent device. I heard a lot of stories about Samsung's "Lag filled" software, but the phone worked excellently for the time I used it and the battery life was excellent.

The plastic build quality is a detracting feature to some, but I always cover my phones in thick Otterbox cases to keep them safe so I couldn't care less about build quality.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I still switch back to my Note 3 every now and then and I like it. No TouchWiz lag and a solid performer. Sometimes it's just too big.

I will keep my M8 though and Edge Up to the Note 4 from the 3.

jtsmall

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My daily driver is a Note 2. I've been lusting after the next new thing: in my case, the LG G3 vs Note 4. After replacing TouchWiz with Nova Launcher Prime, even unrooted (thanks to my great American carrier - guess who, hint i605), all lag and L-Envy has abated. Likewise if I had an M8, moving on would be hard.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

213strange

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Note 4 delivered by UPS. I won't be getting rid of my M8 though, just wanted to try something different for awhile.

213strange

sandersj80

May 21, 2012
Visit site
As a current m8 user, I must say that this has been the best phone ever made. I couldn't be any more happier with another phone. I can do just about anything that I want to from good sound quality to full customization. This phone beats any on the market.

ChristianStella

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I should say, I commented on the headphone jack of the Note 3, but let it be said that the Note 3 was my first experience on Android and it was a great one outside of audio quality. I loved everything else about the phone and didn't mind Touchwiz. If the headphone jack was better I'd still have it. With the Google Now Launcher, I see very little difference in all these different UIs. Having the dedicated multitask button on the m8 was the best difference to me, even if it is an on screen button over hardware.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'll be switching to the Note 4, but most probably the Nexus 6.

I'm just hoping the battery life and camera are really good on the Nexus 6, because I didn't think they were on the Nexus 5.

Marvin2Shoes

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Poor quality build on a Samsung... I use a Note2 and it rocks in every way. I have dropped it on concrete a hundred times so far and haven't broken the screen yet... Hear that iPhone users??? As far as headphones go i use bluetooth headset with touch controls for volume, call answer. And not once have i had to use the earplug socket. It sounds like you use the M8 as a mp3 player so sound is important to you. Note users use their phablets as computers and many make good use of the spen. Sounds like very few of you need these options so i find it odd that you even consider a Note. NOTE users upgrade to the new Note... The rest of u can upgrade to whatever u like but if you criticise Samsung you are telling me you haven't owned a Note and probably have never used an s-pen