Got warranty replacement phone. And its different screen color output, and vibration.

pointman

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I am sure most people might not care, but I think the people who are on such a forum might. I just received a warranty replacement for my M8. Although physically its perfect, I have noticed some difference. Original M8 has more vibrant colors, like the whites are whiter.. more crisp. Not to say I would have noticed had I not checked them side by side.

But the big thing is the vibration. My original M8 could rattle your teeth out of your head. This new replacement, is much much softer. Without even doing a side by side its very apparent. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not. I did a search, and it seems most people did not like the strong vibration.

Just sharing my stupid opinion. Any of yours are always welcome. Would you keep the original or the replacement based on JUST those two pieces of information?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hard to say without knowing why you're trying the replacement in the first place. If the original issue is one I could live with, I'd consider sending the "new" (basically claims to be like new, but really just certified used) one back. I do try to avoid refurbish roulette in general as best I can.

pointman

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hard to say without knowing why you're trying the replacement in the first place. If the original issue is one I could live with, I'd consider sending the "new" (basically claims to be like new, but really just certified used) one back. I do try to avoid refurbish roulette in general as best I can.

Nothing major, but Verizon recommended it. And mine has seen some wear and tear, including scratches on the glass. The replacement is super clean.

Haha! "refurbish roulette". Nice. Normally I'd be scared but I got lucky I guess. Just surprised that the same exact phone model seems to vary. The vibration thing is weird to me.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I did see in the 4.4.4 update thread where one person thinks the vibration intensity may have been reduced. That wouldn't bug me too much but screen quality is my sticking point. Again, it's subjective as to what people consider bad, and I'm kinda picky on that.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When I had my HTC Evo and Evo 3d with Sprint, I went through the exact same thing. Every phone they gave me had a different (worse) color temp. And every one had a different vibration, none as strong as the original. Went though 5 or 6 of each model with various defects until they finally gave me a brand new one. Refurbished my ***.....