ItsOn Battery drain with new Sprint 4.4.4 update

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's terrible. ItsOn is Sprint's billing and services app. Does that persist after a reboot?

bmxracer240

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to lunch here in about 20 minutes. I'll reboot then and we'll see what happens this afternoon. I'll post results in few hours.

killa2dahead

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
yeah mine did that too, maybe not that high of a usage but the next day ive noticed significant battery increase overall so i probably wouldnt worry too much after a reboot.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The reboot worked for a day and now its back to taking over 50% of my battery again! 53.1% for itsonservice, app usuage on GSam at 90%

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
that's strange. Mine does not even show up in the battery usage....
Not in mine either. I did plug my phone in to charge and was in formed that it was slow charging because it wasn't on the HTC charger. Too bad it was, had to unplug it and plug it back in and it cleared.

mbaseball3

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Per ItsOn Press Release in July this year, it seems to be just for prepaid and no contract Sprint customers. Still not getting what the reasoning is behind it or what its for or what it does. I just know that this has given me that one reason to finally get back into rooting so I can remove this battery hog junk.

riccowboy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I see this show up on my device from time to time after the 4.4.4 update. I do not understand what it is, or why it shows up. I'm in a 2 year contract and not a pre-paid either. It's really weird.

Posted via Android Central App

Nicole Oftedahl

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Made a stop at Sprint to ask the tech about it, he had no idea what it even was and instead tried to convince me it was another app creating the problem despite the history for itson being 50+ % of my usage. I knew more about it than he did.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Made a stop at Sprint to ask the tech about it, he had no idea what it even was and instead tried to convince me it was another app creating the problem despite the history for itson being 50+ % of my usage. I knew more about it than he did.

Welcome to Android Central! If you were in a Sprint store, it probably wasn't a tech support guy you were talking to--it was more likely a sales rep, whose tech training is likely pretty minimal. You might have better luck calling Sprint support, although there's no guarantee of that.

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This just started on my phone yesterday showing 4% usage. Now tonight its showing 40% usage. I hope they fix this crap soon, its killing my battery fast.

Gersonian

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this issue. It was responsible for about 48% of my battery drain. I think it might be connected to the Sprint Zone app. I have disabled everything I can in the app, hopefully it'll help. I did not want to disable the app entirely because I think it disables the data connection.

I will follow up with an update once some time passes.

frey482

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I just sent them a message also. I just notice this on my phone as well. It's at 48%. I also have an M8 and just recieved that update a couple days ago...maybe yesterday. Don't remember.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Interesting....

I recently purchased a M8 HK edition...

ItsOn does not appear on my phone anywhere.... running 4.4.4

Wonder why some have it and some don't

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member