"Sorry you cannot attach this to your message." Can't attach copy/paste images to text directly.

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
"Sorry you cannot attach this to your message." Can't attach copy/paste images to text directly.

"Sorry you cannot attach this to your message." Can't attach copy/paste images to text directly.\
I keep getting that error when I am surfing and see a picture, then copy it but it wont paste it to the text box. My iPhone could do this, why can't my M8?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Sorry you cannot attach this to your message." Can't attach copy/paste images to text directly.

Where are you trying to paste the image? Are you trying to attach it to an email, or paste it directly to the body of an email? Or are you composing a document and trying to paste it there?

On my Nexus 5, I was able to paste an image directly into an email (using the Gmail app). As a test, I searched for an image on Google using the Chrome browser, tapped the image to make it full screen, then long-pressed the image until the menu came up. I selected Copy Image, then went to the Gmail app, long pressed in the body of the email and tapped Paste. What showed up in the compose box was a nondescript small box, but when I sent the email, the full image appeared.

Another way to approach this is to long-press the image and select Save Image. You can then attach that image file to your email. Or you can select that image file and Share it using any number of apps (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Sorry you cannot attach this to your message." Can't attach copy/paste images to text directly.

Where are you trying to paste the image? Are you trying to attach it to an email, or paste it directly to the body of an email? Or are you composing a document and trying to paste it there?

On my Nexus 5, I was able to paste an image directly into an email (using the Gmail app). As a test, I searched for an image on Google using the Chrome browser, tapped the image to make it full screen, then long-pressed the image until the menu came up. I selected Copy Image, then went to the Gmail app, long pressed in the body of the email and tapped Paste. What showed up in the compose box was a nondescript small box, but when I sent the email, the full image appeared.

Another way to approach this is to long-press the image and select Save Image. You can then attach that image file to your email. Or you can select that image file and Share it using any number of apps (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

As I said, I was trying to paste it to text box. While texting..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Text box can mean a lot of things, so thank you for the clarification.

In that situation, I think you may have to download the image, then attach it as a file.

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Text box can mean a lot of things, so thank you for the clarification.

In that situation, I think you may have to download the image, then attach it as a file.
Oh OK, I'm so used to just copying and pasting directly into the text box while texting I figured it was the same as my iPhone 5s. This is the only grip I have with this phone other then that its my favorite phone of all time and hope it lasts 2 more years.

Thanks for your help B diddy.

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Anyonen figure a way to directly copy and paste images into the text message box successfully?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Press and hold image, when the options pop up choose share, then choose messages, type in the recipient and send. Do it all of the time, this is the way Android does it, not just an HTC thing.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Does the image have to be saved first?
No, when you hold it the phone will pop out some options, hold it or long press depending on what you want to call it. Choose Share Image, then the list of available ways to share will pop up, choose messages. Doesn't get much easier, try it you won't break anything, just hit the back button to exit out.

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I tried it, there was no option to share it unless it was already downloaded on the phone. I tried it on google images and could not copy the image only open in new tab or save it. No option to share. :(

T-Mobile m8 using chrome.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Never thought about it, but I use FireFox, I will try it with Chrome just for giggles.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

OK, Chrome doesn't make it easy. I saved the picture and then the only way I could text it was to open the Gallery, downloads then share it from there with messages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang