M8 4.4.4 update WiFi issues

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same issue on mine, it has been since before 4.4.4. It doesn't happen at work, only at home. I am still trying to figure it out.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am on Verizon. I don't think it is network related since my wireless at work is rock solid. I moved my wireless router to see if that helps. It was on the bottom of a shelf covered with other things.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon. I don't think it is network related since my wireless at work is rock solid. I moved my wireless router to see if that helps. It was on the bottom of a shelf covered with other things.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
You're probably right. I was just curious because we've seen issues with carrier specific versions of updates.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I had constant WiFi dropping issues at home a while back, it turned out being the wireless on my home router. I got a new router (netgear nighthawk) and haven't had a single drop since.

If it's an older router that may be your issue.

blacksplat

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar (although possibly not identical issue). Since the 4.4.4 update, my M8 (on EE) will no longer connect to my home WiFi. It can see it fine and all other devices are connected including my HTC One Mini running 4.4.2

Switching WiFi off and on again does not help, neither does forgetting the network and then re-entering it.

I tap 'connect' and nothing happens...

:(

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems your issue is the same, it will connect, but when it drops, reconnecting is not possible unless you restart the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I did some testing and some router shopping yesterday and here is what I found so far. I have a Linksys E2500 and went in the config and set the first setting to wireless A, I think that was for 5 Mhz. It was in mixed mode before which I believe was going between A and N and last night there were no drops on wireless. I also went to dd-wrt and found I can update the firmware with theirs which I may not need to do.

Bottom line is look in the set up config and check the settings, the default may not always work. On the phone settings in advanced I keep network mode set to auto. If anyone has questions let me know, I can post some screen shots of my router config.

I hope this helps..I am pretty happy now.

BenJTimmons

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Same for me - after the upgrade phone would not connect to any saved wifi. If I turn off and on again it then connects as normal, but only when that wifi is available - frustrating

Mike Pumford

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Seeing a similar issue here although I have found a couple of workrounds that don't require a power off.

1. Toggle the phone in and out of Airplane mode.
2. Turn on the wifi hotspot and turn it off again.

Irritating and I'm still looking for other fixes but at least it sorts things without rebooting the phone all the time.

Mike

Martin John

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here since EE finally updated to 4.4.4.

WiFi doesn't reconnect when I get home. Restart fixes it but obviously not ideal.

Posted via Android Central App

Nicky Rongen

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

i had the same issues for a few days(after update 4.4.4. i think).
my htc one m8 would drop the wifi connection to my modem. The weird thing was that every other wifi device (iphone/ipad/chromecast) did not have this issue. I tried every option giving above (and more..) , but it did not resolve.

The solution for me was to change the wifi bandwith settings on my router (devices used different "protocols" to connect to your 2,5 / or 5 Ghz wifi)
The setting i had on my 2,5Ghz was:
802.11n only

and i changed it to
Mixed: 802.11n and 802.11g

That resolved the problem immediately.
I think the HTC one only uses 802.11g after the update??

I hope this helps other people as well!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer