EYE Update For AT&T Arrived

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
My HTC One M8 received the EYE update this afternoon through the Play Store as software updates. I'm still on 4.4.3 firmware and I checked for any OTAs. I've read the new EYE update was bundled with 4.4.4 firmware, but I guess not!

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Just to clarify this updatee only shows up as software updates like "HTC Camera", it doesn't list EYE anywhere. All the functionality listed for EYE update is in tow and working great. Thanks and enjoy.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify this updatee only shows up as software updates like "HTC Camera", it doesn't list EYE anywhere. All the functionality listed for EYE update is in tow and working great. Thanks and enjoy.
We got the Eye update with 4.4.4. Today I got an HTC Camera update also, but already having EYE, I'm not really seing much difference other changing the dual camera to split camera. If anyone finds other differences, let me know.

MatthewGavin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I am not seeing this update. If the update does not list EYE, I am guessing it is not a part of it. Do you have the new camera options that would come with EYE?

ChristianStella

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Not compatible with AT&T 4.4.2 which is the most up to date I can get since they pulled 4.3 before I bought my phone.

So I'm still 2 versions behind with no word from AT&T. Very frustrating as the 4.3 update was announced before I bought the phone and knowing that a file manager was on the way was pretty important to me to have at least SOME control over the SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App

MatthewGavin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Not compatible with AT&T 4.4.2 which is the most up to date I can get since they pulled 4.3 before I bought my phone.

So I'm still 2 versions behind with no word from AT&T. Very frustrating as the 4.3 update was announced before I bought the phone and knowing that a file manager was on the way was pretty important to me to have at least SOME control over the SD card.

Why was 443 pulled from AT&T? I am guessing that is why I have not gotten EYE yet. I am running 442

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Some HTC ONE customers where having problems with 4.3 on AT&T and it was only available for a few days. I was able to get the update to 4.3 before it was pulled. My One M8 has been working great.

wormdood

Apr 20, 2010
blog.mattkurio.com
I saw @moversi tweet to someone the at&t 4.4.4 update (w/eye experience) is coming but is taking longer because it includes VoLTE support.

Posted via Android Central App

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I've only got part of the EYE experience. I'm running 4.4.3. and I've received the split screen photo options called HTC Camera via Play Store. I'll have to research what all the EYE includes as I thought the split screen camera was it.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I've only got part of the EYE experience. I'm running 4.4.3. and I've received the split screen photo options called HTC Camera via Play Store. I'll have to research what all the EYE includes as I thought the split screen camera was it.

Same thing here and I'm on Sprint. I think our M8 is on 4.4.4 but every time I try to check for update. I get the "Your device is up to date" message.

And it appears I already have the Eye features as well.