Why is my volume increase button so sensitive?

Eugene Shin

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I got my HTC one m8 two months ago and I've been using it very frequently. When I use it I see the volume bar increasing to max randomly. It's extremely annoying since I wear headphones. I tried some things out and found out that when ever I touch the volume up button slightly it raises the volume. You can feel the click of a button on any volume button that indicates that you are pressing it. I don't even push it to feel that. It's a light touch and it goes way up. My lower volume button is fine and it doesn't increase until I push past that click. What's going on? I've heard of loose volume buttons mine are firm and don't rattle.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sure sounds like the Vol Up button is defective. Do you have a case that might be exerting any additional pressure on it? If not, contact your wireless store or HTC about a replacement or repair.

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
HTC Build quality. My first One M8 had a really sensitive volume button. I thought it was normal when a few others reported the same.

My M8 then developed a rattle so I had it replaced and the new one isn't as sensitive and a lot easier to live with.

Although the screen makes a 'click' noise when I tap/depress it!!! My One X was built a lot better than the M8. I'm just waiting for the speaker grille to curl up lol! Not impressed with the build quality. Also, the front facing camera is off centre whereas the old one wasn't. Someone else posted similar.

HTC Build quality = hit and miss.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance