Would you buy again?

michaels_epp

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
After having this phone for however long you've had it and knowing what you know now would you buy this phone again? Even compared to all the new ones? I'm debating on getting it despite its camera just because its so beautiful! Help me out please?

metrix

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Most likely no.

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone. But the camera is just bad. If they had a model with a decent camera, my response would be a resounding YES!, but alas they don't. The phone is a really good phone. Super fast, looks great, sounds great and feels great, but if you like taking good pictures in any situation other than good conditions, look elsewhere.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, my contract is up next week and I was considering the M8 or the Droid Turbo. Decided to hold on to my RMHD for a few more months and wait for the new HTC. Should be announced in February/March. Hopefully the camera will be improved on the next version.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
There is the Eye version with the better camera, right? I am currently very happy with my purchase. I don't think that I would want another phone for about another year. I also don't know if there is a phone with the same screen size that I would buy instead right now, especially considering that the prices are dropping.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Definitely would buy again...The camera is great in low light and that's big in my book.

Posted via the Android Central App

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd buy two of em again. I didn't buy it based on the camera. Then again, the camera is actually good despite what ppl keep saying.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
There is the Eye version with the better camera, right? I am currently very happy with my purchase. I don't think that I would want another phone for about another year. I also don't know if there is a phone with the same screen size that I would buy instead right now, especially considering that the prices are dropping.
Yep, the new HTC M8 Eye version has a 13MP main camera, and I am sure that HTC has made that version to please the M8 users who were complaining about the 4uP main camera in the original version.

However in the new HTC M8 Eye, they are not using Corning Gorilla Glass, instead they are using TBC Glass as a touchscreen protection.

Sent from my HTC One M8

stripeyfox

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've not had mine long. And yes I had reservations about the camera, but I have found it perfectly fine for snapping the kids. Not sure how it would perform for higher end work, but I guess that's not really what it's for.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I would buy this again in a heartbeat. I think the camera is fine for what I use it for. This is hands down the best phone I have had.

ALborntoride

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Compared to the other phones I've had (iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, LG 2, and Moto X 2014 ed) I love my m8!

Posted via the Android Central App

slim6596

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If you need a camera that provides professional quality pictures, buy a real camera. This phone is fantastic and the camera is absolutely fine for casual everyday use.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Would i?

I guess you say I have.... I purchased the M8 one day one from Verizon.... and it was the best phone I have owned so far.

In October, I swtched to Sprint.... and I looked at everything they had to offer... I stuck with the M8.

I even worked it so that if I wanted to exchange it for the Nexus 6, they would allow me to do so...

After handling the Nexus, I purchased the M8 H&K version...

Lego