What happened to the sound on my htc one m8???

Alan Lampard

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
So when I got my phone I didn't have any problems with it. When I locked it there was a satisfying "lock" sound. Also the camera made a satisfying "camera shutter" noise. Now for some reason when I lock/unlock my phone all I get is a tiny barely audible click. The same with the camera and when I'm tapping on icons, the click noise is still faint its not even worth having it. My volume is on high and all other sound are fine. What's gone wrong? I tried resetting too factory settings but it's the same. What's going on? Has there been an update that removed the sounds? Can I get it back?

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
So when I got my phone I didn't have any problems with it. When I locked it there was a satisfying "lock" sound. Also the camera made a satisfying "camera shutter" noise. Now for some reason when I lock/unlock my phone all I get is a tiny barely audible click. The same with the camera and when I'm tapping on icons, the click noise is still faint its not even worth having it. My volume is on high and all other sound are fine. What's gone wrong? I tried resetting too factory settings but it's the same. What's going on? Has there been an update that removed the sounds? Can I get it back?

I agree these sounds got a lot quieter for me over time too. Very bizarre.

Posted via the Android Central App

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Check in Settings -> sound, near the bottom of the list there are two options, Touch sounds and Screen lock sounds. If they are unchecked, they are off on mine, try checking them. Not really sure that's your problem though since you can still hear a very faint noise. Maybe something in Sense?

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the M7 and the M8. Both phones, over time, have did the same with the sounds. I also have the issue where my ring, notification, and alarm tones, go out for no reason. A restart fixes it. I've had numerous replaced for it, they all do the same.
Hope that helps.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Check in Settings -> sound, near the bottom of the list there are two options, Touch sounds and Screen lock sounds. If they are unchecked, they are off on mine, try checking them. Not really sure that's your problem though since you can still hear a very faint noise. Maybe something in Sense?

Not it. Those are on. Sounds just disappear.

Alan Lampard

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
All settings checked and all the right boxes are ticked. Is there a sound file that might have been deleted somehow? I've tried a factory restore but that didn't change things either. 😠

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463