Moving T-Mobile HTC One M8 to AT&T

Cacphony

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm just finding out that I get a significant discount on AT&T service through my employer. In light of such, I am planning to move over from my T-mobile prepaid plan over to AT&T. I'd like to take my M8 with me to AT&T, but I am concerned that the T-Mobile M8 won't run as well on AT&T's network. Does the T-mobile M8 have all the necessary frequencies to work with LTE, HSPA+ and whatnot on AT&T? Anything else I should be concerned about?

FYI - The phone is already unlocked. I unlocked a few months ago to use it on trip overseas with a foreign sim.

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
According to the specs on T-Mobile's site, yes, your M8 is compatible with AT&T's 3G, UMTS, and 4G LTE networks.

But if you don't want to chance it, then just ask for a friend's SIM from AT&T or go to a store and if you smile enough, they'll let you test a SIM. Just tell them you want to use your own device but need to know if it'll work OK. I did that with mine and it worked (but in my case it was a T-Mo SIM).

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it works the other way, though, FYI. I'm NOT sure an AT&T one would be entirely comparable with T-Mobile LTE.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: