How is battery on this phone? M8

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I would say the battery life is pretty good. I would consider myself a heavy user. I get 5-6 hours on screen time in a typical days usage (sometimes about 4-5 hours if on games)

I came from the original htc one which would typically only give me 3- 3.5 hours on screen time per day. I would say massive improvement! Power save modes I haven't yet really used so I can't comment on them for the HTC one m8 yet but in the battery department it is fairly reliable for a days battery

Posted via the Android Central App

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I would say the battery is pretty decent, but not amazing. Once you slap on your apps and widgets, you have to apply a number of tweaks to get the best out of the battery life, such as disabling GPS, disabling auto sync, lowering brightness, etc...

I have the Nova Launcher, use the phone quiet a bit through the day, have push email, and I get about 6 hours battery use before I need to charge. Having said all that, I am satisfied with the battery, especially when I compare it to my previous HTC M7 and my iPhones prior to that.

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I find it to be much better than the older EVO phones. During a typical work day my battery drops to about 68-72% and that's with moderate usage. On my drive home I slap it in my iBolt and it charges up about 15% so by the time I'm home I'm back up to 88-90%. I put mine on a charger every night when I go to bed and 100% when I get up.
Sidenote: I'm on Wifi most of the day as well. When I'm not on wifi the battery does drain quicker but not nearly as quickly as the previous phones had. I'm satisfied with it.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
My wife just got the M8 for just over a week now. Similiar to Bassbiker. She unplugs at around 6:30am and by the time she gets home from work she is between 68-72% like clockwork. She is not on wifi all day as well, only data connection. She has all the radios on (Bluetooth, GPS, DATA, and Wifi). She has google now on as well as location services as well. Her on screen time during the day is about 2 hours. She easily can get a day and a half and 5 hours screen time. I am very envious of the battery life alone. I have the M7 and am trying hard to hold out for the M9. That 801 snap chip makes a huge difference. Her device stays 5-8 degrees cooler than mine during which is a big part of the battery savings.

lol2323

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
For me it's been exceptional since the 4.4.4 update and that's with some pretty heavy usage. Before it was only average. I hope lollipop doesn't change that.

I find it to be much better than the older EVO phones. During a typical work day my battery drops to about 68-72% and that's with moderate usage. On my drive home I slap it in my iBolt and it charges up about 15% so by the time I'm home I'm back up to 88-90%. I put mine on a charger every night when I go to bed and 100% when I get up.
Sidenote: I'm on Wifi most of the day as well. When I'm not on wifi the battery does drain quicker but not nearly as quickly as the previous phones had. I'm satisfied with it.

My wife just got the M8 for just over a week now. Similiar to Bassbiker. She unplugs at around 6:30am and by the time she gets home from work she is between 68-72% like clockwork. She is not on wifi all day as well, only data connection. She has all the radios on (Bluetooth, GPS, DATA, and Wifi). She has google now on as well as location services as well. Her on screen time during the day is about 2 hours. She easily can get a day and a half and 5 hours screen time. I am very envious of the battery life alone. I have the M7 and am trying hard to hold out for the M9. That 801 snap chip makes a huge difference. Her device stays 5-8 degrees cooler than mine during which is a big part of the battery savings.

And how much screen of time you all get?

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Screen on time can really vary depending on what exactly you're doing.

Streaming a movie will drain the battery a lot faster than texting will, for instance.

For me, I generally get about 4-5 hours screen-on time, but I also don't need any more than that. I'm sure I could get more if I lower the brightness and turn wifi off when not using it and if I didn't play games that are semi resource heavy.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
To be honest battery isn't great for me after around three months of usage. I run the latest firmware and software and I get around 3 hours of screen time at maximum.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
To be honest battery isn't great for me after around three months of usage. I run the latest firmware and software and I get around 3 hours of screen time at maximum.

To add context, how much screen time were you getting when you first got the phone?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The battery on the M8 is good, not great.It's not going to frustrate you, nor is it going to blow you away. Looking forward to the larger battery on the M9.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have owned HTC devices since the original Droid Incredible.

M8 is the best battery for me.

Today I took it off charge at 0515.
I picked it up at 0930 to go shopping and the battery was at 99% while out I did some medium usage and music streaming. When I returned home at 1230, the battery was at 85%.

The rest of the day I have done some light stuff, checking messages, a couple of Youtube vids, some light surfing, checking social media...etc

As of typing this post it is 2136 and the battery reads 62%. I could never do this with my M7 or any other previous phone.

I am very happy with my M8 and it's battery.

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I keep brightness on 100% and get 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours screen on time... It also depends on how the lte is in my area...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20