VPN How to keep it in use for all data?

Joe Foe

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a VPN up an running using the VPN HTC installed program an want to find a way to keep in on for all data/ . I can not figure out how to keep it up an running though. When the device goes a sleep when not charging it will turn VPN off or if I leave a Wifi it will turn it off. If I turn it on when on data it will turn it off in a couple mins with no warning if not in use.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're running a 3rd party VPN app, not setting Linux to use a VPN server for IP. Find an app that does it the way you want it done.

Joe Foe

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the vpn HTC installed an configerd it to run threw my router. Works great when I use it. Want keep it on for all data use. The m8 keeps turning it off after time of seemingly no use of data even though the von software has a option to keep it on 24/7.

Joe Foe

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I found out my Vpn only will stay on when on WiFi.. if I could find a way make short cut to turn it on or have a,way force it on whenon WiFi life would be good. The way is now I have to
1) go to " setting "
2) go to " more "
3) go to " Vpn "
4) go to my Vpn I set up
5) tell my Vpn to connect

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
It could be that you have Sleep mode enabled on your M8 which could be the reason for the vpn disconnection.

Open M8's Settings, go to Power, and check if the Sleep mode is enabled or not.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Joe Foe

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Nope not cause of sleep mode. it wiill only stay connected on WiFi. I see youyou have a m8. Do you use a Vpn an if so please post details..

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Nope not cause of sleep mode. it wiill only stay connected on WiFi. I see youyou have a m8. Do you use a Vpn an if so please post details..
When I need vpn connection I don't really bother with manual vpn's as I just get one of the free vpn apps from the PlayStore, so I can't help you much with your issue.

Sent from my HTC One M8

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What VPN service are you using? I'm using Private Internet Access and there's an app in the play store. Takes less than a min to turn on. I don't use it all the time though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11