Camera lens foggy

The Big Biff

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So I have been ripping my camera on the forums lately as I noticed the pictures I've been taking have been really bad. I just noticed that the lens is foggy. I think it's on the inside.... Is there anything I can do about this?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you didn't leave the plastic protective film on the lens? If not, no - the camera module has to be replaced. (It's cheaper to replace than to repair, whether it's under warranty or not - cheaper for the manufacturer if it's under warranty.)

The Big Biff

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I did some research, and there was a film on top of the lens. I used a dab of water and a credit card and was able to scratch off the film. The lens is as good as new now.

Thanks for the reply!

Snapperjacker

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I did some research, and there was a film on top of the lens. I used a dab of water and a credit card and was able to scratch off the film. The lens is as good as new now.

Thanks for the reply!

Ya, mine did the same thing. I didn't get the scratches that others got but the cloudy lens instead. I just used rubbing alcohol and a Q-Tip and it's like new again.