Problem with my m8

ForeverSol

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if others have the same problem, when I plug an external usb into the usb of the phone, it keeps saying recognising usb or something and then it's safe to remove device all over again and doesn't detect the external usb. Would I need to send it in to repairs?

I've tested the external usb on my father's s2 and it works straight away.

Last edited:

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
USB Storage Mount

Sent from my HTC One M8
I didn't know you could do this until I read this from the HTC website:
When you plug in an external USB storage device (such as a USB flash drive or an SD card reader), you can view photos and videos stored on the device right from Gallery and play songs stored on the device in Music. You can also open PDFs and edit Office documents.

You need a special cable to connect HTC One and a USB storage device. HTC One supports USB storage devices (except portable hard drives) up to 64 GB.

So basically you can use a flash drive, but not a portable HD.....

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know you could do this until I read this from the HTC website:
When you plug in an external USB storage device (such as a USB flash drive or an SD card reader), you can view photos and videos stored on the device right from Gallery and play songs stored on the device in Music. You can also open PDFs and edit Office documents.

You need a special cable to connect HTC One and a USB storage device. HTC One supports USB storage devices (except portable hard drives) up to 64 GB.

So basically you can use a flash drive, but not a portable HD.....
Mobiles usb inlets doesn't produce enough power to run a portable harddisk-drives (HDD)

However, a portable solidstate-drives (SSD) might work, but that is just a theory, as I don't have one to test.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if others have the same problem, when I plug an external usb into the usb of the phone, it keeps saying recognising usb or something and then it's safe to remove device all over again and doesn't detect the external usb. Would I need to send it in to repairs?

I've tested the external usb on my father's s2 and it works straight away.
Which Android version do you have on your M8? Because when I first got my M8 it was running 4.4.2 and usb mount was working flawlessly.

Sadly after I update to 4.4.3 I started having problems connecting my usb drives, and it only got worse after updating to 4.4.4 as now usb mount doesn't work at all for me.

Based on that I can only assume, that usb mount support got either intentionally or unknowingly disabled in the updates, in that case, I will have to root my M8 to be able to change that.

Sent from my HTC One M8

ForeverSol

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Which Android version do you have on your M8? Because when I first got my M8 it was running 4.4.2 and usb mount was working flawlessly.

Sadly after I update to 4.4.3 I started having problems connecting my usb drives, and it only got worse after updating to 4.4.4 as now usb mount doesn't work at all for me.

Based on that I can only assume, that usb mount support got either intentionally or unknowingly disabled in the updates, in that case, I will have to root my M8 to be able to change that.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I have 4.4.4 atm. Maybe that's why mounting usb doesn't work because they stopped supporting it in the latest update.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I've got 4.4.4 on my M8 and just used a USB thumb drive just fine.
Thanks for the feedback, so I have installed USB Host Diagnostics from the PlayStore to check if it can show me what might be causing the problem, sadly I don't have the usb mount cable with me, so I will check it later and get back with the result.

Sent from my HTC One M8

ForeverSol

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, so I have installed USB Host Diagnostics from the PlayStore to check if it can show me what might be causing the problem, sadly I don't have the usb mount cable with me, so I will check it later and get back with the result.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I've just tested this and still has preparing usb storage please wait and usb storage is safe to remove again and again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87