Best/Fastest SD card?

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Never had an issue with SD cards before, but even though my card is a class 10(iirc), I see a lot of slowness when accessing spotify or pictures. Sometimes the phone will struggle to load pictures/take pictures and I think its because it is trying to store to the SD card and the SD card is slow/faulty..

What cards do you guys use? and do you have issues? I'm going to replace mine, but which is the best? I think mine is a sandisk, maybe a kingston from Amazon.. unless its a dud/fake!

alternatively, is there an app I can use to test speed?

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I use Samsung 64gb evo class 10
No complaints so far, writes and reads fast
Got it from Amazon when they had sale for like $30,
Check slickdeals, sometimes they'll be on sale from other retailers

OlGreybeard

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung 64 has the highest customer satisfaction raging after 6 months of use. They lead by a wide margin. No formatting necessary either. For whatever reason, the "Leading Brand" was having significant card failure ratings after 4-6 months with HTC customers. I did my homework before buying. I am very happy with the Samsung 64G card. Seamless and flawless thus far.

Posted via Android Central App

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
In the end I went with a Sandisk Extreme - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4166929

UHS speed class 3, as opposed to the 1 which was stamped on the Kingston.

The difference is astonishing. Everything feels like it is running on internal memory, and I can't believe I put up with the slow response/lag/delays for so long.. Photo thumbnails would take ages to load, now they are instant.. Spotify would take an age to display play lists and I would sometimes just give up and go back to it after a few minutes, again now they are instant.. Apps load faster etc etc..

BIG difference.. I now see why some manufacturers are reluctant to provide external SD card storage, simply because people will end up with bad ones and think the phone itself is crap/slow!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance