Can I get some help with a few problems I am having with my HTC M8?

dobe6836

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Nightmare problem with HTC M8

Hi Guys:

I've been tormented by an issue I'm having with my HTC M8 Maybe you can help. I've been having problems with my HTC M8/Verizon and the HFL system in my Acura. It's an unusual problem according to Verizon and Acura.

The phone effortlessly pairs with the HFL system in the car. The Bluetooth audio (streaming music from phone through HFL) works perfectly. The problem is the phone continuously connects and disconnects when talking with someone. I don't lose the call. It just continually switches back and forth from the HFL system to the phone. The message on the car screen is:

"No phone is connected. Would you like to add a phone"

Then 5 seconds later the phone reconnects on its own and the person's voice comes back through the car speakers. Then it disconnects again and the same message appears. It then reconnects and the message disappears again. This happens over and over. Sometimes the connection will be solid for up to 45 minutes before starting to connect and disconnect. Other times it starts immediately upon receiving the call. As I said the call is NOT dropped.

1.) After going through every trick in the book (as suggested by Acura and Verizon) -- including factory reset, renaming the phone, removing all other paired devices, etc. -- I still had the same problem.

2.) Acura replaced the car battery because they said it could be causing the issue. It made no difference.

3.) I convinced Verizon it was the phone. They replaced it. When I re-paired the phone to HFL I had the same issue.

4.) I then went back to Acura and told them it must be the car. They replaced the entire HFL unit. Unbelievably -- after it was replaced -- I still had the exact same problem!

It seems very strange that my current problem -- which according to Verizon and Acura is extremely unusual -- is exactly the same rare problem as before, even though both the phone and HFL have been replaced. That must be a big clue.

The phone -- according to Acura's web site -- is compatible with the HFL system.

I've looked on many forums and can't find others that are having this issue.

I talked to a technician from Honda America. He said they tested compatibility of the HFL system with the 4.4.2. He said sometimes when updates are released they create issues like the one I'm having. I've only had the phone since late September. The problem did seem to start around the time (mid October) I updated to 4.4.4. -- but I'm not sure.

But if the Kitkat 4.4 is causing this issue wouldn't more people be reporting it -- wouldn't Acura have heard of it, wouldn't Verizon have heard about it, wouldn't this be an issue on Android forums?

The Honda tech said I'd have to wait until Lollipop is released. Do you all agree that the only remaining explanation for the problem is Kitkat 4.4.4.? What would you guys do? It seems like I've done everything possible to fix this issue. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nightmare problem with HTC M8

Dang, I can't believe I actually read all that.
And seems like you have exhausted all your possible options. I mean you replaced everything except the car itself!
To be honest Idk what's your next step except just to wait for that update, Idk.
Good luck tho

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nightmare problem with HTC M8

I have a Honda Accord 2013 and occasionally not quite as much if get a text it says something like this device is not supported and it always was. After connecting my work phone and reconnecting my M8 the message is much less frequent.

I am on Verizon and using 4.4.4. I am not very concerned until Lollipop comes out. I plan to do a wipe and try it. I do need to see the dealer on another issue with the radio. I will see about updating the firmware.

My guess the stereo system is very close. Bluetooth calls work great, just texts are an issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs