How do I change the APN settings on my Verizon HTC M8 with AT&T to get the data working?

sandeep tho

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Verizon HTC M8 with at&t data not working

I recently got a Verizon HTC M8 but I want to use it on at&t network. From some threads I came to know that LTE will not work if I use it with at&t but I am not able to use data itself. I am not able to change APN settings, please provide how to change the settings on Verizon HTC M8

jansaigon

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I change the APN settings on my Verizon HTC M8 with AT&T to get the data working?

Man, i feel your pain. Just had big thrash with this over at the att store. Strangely enough I am seeing the t mobile hspda up and down arrows, but the att rep couldn't activate the right APN settings, they are stuck to 'vzwinternet' ;(( , without any ability to edit. I purchased this phone for use overseas (3g good enough) but am now slightly worried about it. If anyone can address this please help thanks in advance!!

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I change the APN settings on my Verizon HTC M8 with AT&T to get the data working?

I have the same issue as I posted a thread on this site for the same reason. So far the only thing I've found that will work is to flash a new ROM to your phone. There is also a link on xda for an RUU. Don't know much about either of these processes except you can render your phone useless if you do it wrong. You need to get a version on your phone that allows APN adds or edits though which is apparently not possible on this phone otherwise. I've heard this is all thanks to Verizon but cannot say for certain who to blame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18