Screen Protector on HTC One M8

scarrabri

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have just bought the HTC One M8 and up to now it is brilliant, but I have had a screen protector fitted and the mobile shop that fitted it said that the screen protector does no fit very well on the M8 ,and he is right because it is too close to the edge of the screen and this allows a few bubbles to appear, so is it the wrong screen protector, or has any one else come across this?.Brian.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a badly made one. Some screen protectors are perfectly cut to fit the phone, some come close, but not really close enough. (And some people just put them on wrong.) It's not the price either. I'm using a 3 for US$5 protector for about a year now, and the other two that came in the package are still sitting in the drawer. (And you can't tell that there's anything on the screen, except the 3 "dust bubbles" I missed - tiny bits of dust that cause very visible bubbles. (The screen should be "taped" - touched with cheap cellophane tape that doesn't have much sticking power - before putting on a screen protector, so that all the hairs and dust particles are pulled off. [I was in a hurry and didn't use a flashlight to make sure I got them all.])

scarrabri

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
It's a badly made one. Some screen protectors are perfectly cut to fit the phone, some come close, but not really close enough. (And some people just put them on wrong.) It's not the price either. I'm using a 3 for US$5 protector for about a year now, and the other two that came in the package are still sitting in the drawer. (And you can't tell that there's anything on the screen, except the 3 "dust bubbles" I missed - tiny bits of dust that cause very visible bubbles. (The screen should be "taped" - touched with cheap cellophane tape that doesn't have much sticking power - before putting on a screen protector, so that all the hairs and dust particles are pulled off. [I was in a hurry and didn't use a flashlight to make sure I got them all.])
Hi thanks for your reply my friend and I thought it was just me lol the guy who puts the screen protector on is excellent at doing so and it is certainly acceptable what he has done, but even he had to have two goes at it, so I will have to have it done again because them bubbles will get on my nerves lol merry xmas, brian

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon branded tempered glass protector on mine and a Note 3, and I'll agree cost isn't everything with these. They are ok, but suck with a case installed. The lip of the case pushes on the edge of the protector and eventually lifts it up. The install was flawless to the store's credit, just a poor combination with the case. I'm still using my original since April despite the edge lifting. It's still usable, but you can see where dust got under it after the fact. The Note 3 had two replacements in a matter of a few weeks until we realized the cause, but at least they did it under warranty.

mdstaugler

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Tempered glass protector with my Otterbox commuter works pretty well. The silicone inner shell actually seems to hold it in place...

Posted via the Android Central App

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Here is a vote of confidence for Ghost Armor. We have an S5, a One M8 and an Iphone6 in our house. We are happy with the fits and quality on all three phones.

R

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a Hero Tempered Glass screen protector on mine. Every once in a while it gets pushed up by my Seidio surface case but it settles down pretty easily. Tempered glass doesn't glue to screen like plastic ones do, they are easily adjusted. Mine is anyway.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I use zagg glass on mine. Never have a problem with cases with lips around the edges. Plus the lifetime warranty if you need to replace it.

scarrabri

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I use the invisible sheild for my m8.. I haven't had any problems at all..

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

Hi I have just bought the invisible sheild like yours and the shop fitted it and it is perfect , it looks like part of the screen and is as smooth as silk, now my m8 looks like a million dollars,brilliant, very best wishes Brian.

Nikkinaanoo

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I bought a cheap tempered glass protector off ebay and haven't had any problems. Thankfully it's narrow enough that the bevelled edges of my case don't push it around. Personally I wouldn't go back to a plastic screen protector after having tempered glass.