HTC One M8 not charging

Wtaylor6604

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just put a rubber band on the charging cord and onto my phone. Creates enough pressure on the USB connection to stay connected and charge the phone.20151230_184713.jpg20151230_184655.jpg

NooRotic

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Had the exact same problem Then I tried this...

Hold down the power and the volume down button for two minutes while it boots back up

Worked like a charm.

Many thanks to PsychostickFan

I had no charge, took out sim card, took out sd card. Thought all hope was lost, until I remained calm, remembered my Jedi training and used the force to hold down the power button and the volume down button. The dark side in me wanted to let go and give up hope and begin a rage fit, the light prevailed and I kept holding the power button and the volume down button.

What felt like light years of time (maybe 2 minutes) passed and my screen turned on and my phone is currently charging.

Thanks again to PsychostickFan!

Captain5150

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Same here.
I did hold the power button and the Volume Up button (not the V-Down button...not sure what the difference would be) and it seems to be charging now....albeit with a different cable as well. Fingers crossed.

Allets

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing problems charging my HTC one M8 this has been going on for the last three days. Been charging day and night and when I open it reads from 1-3%:(

Giovanna Gonzalez

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
this is exactly what happen to me i left it at 40% when i went to sleep and when i woke up it was dead on barley 10% after the day went along i left it charging and went about my day when i got back home it was still dead i have tried many different USB cords but the phone wont charge

J-ThreeMVP

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks man, you were spot on! It is indeed a charging port issue. If you use your phone while its on the charger thats how it gets damaged. Which I use to do and will no longer. Get your charging port replaced and you're as good as new. After dealing with this problem for over a month now, and having to let my phone drain to zero to get it to charge or, mess around sliding the charger in and out til I got the right angle to get it to charge, not worth it guys. Find a local tech company, and they can order and install the part. I live In minnesota and did some searching and Came up with Gopher Mods. They ordered the part, and charged me $60. I had gotten use to the phone not charging or depleting after I put it on the charger so I did a trial run. They charged it to 44%, when I took it home. Got home and put it on my charger for 15 minutes and I was at 57%. Forget all the fixes, its your charging ports. And, find somebody that guarantees you the manufactures warranty, if you're concerned with that kind of thing. Moral of the story, dont sit around using your 1 m8, while its plugged in especially for extended hours,

Last edited:

rogerex

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Same problem for me, strangely enough, when i try and charge it using the original charger, it will go up to around 40% and then say its not charging, try a different cable. I'm now charging it via USB and seems to be going up to 60% very slowly, but at least goes past the 40% . I might try the soft reset thats been working for some people here

Kiere Luurs

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I had left my HTC M8s phone on my PC by the USB cable, both switched off. I intended to give it some charging the next day. When I tried to switch on my phone the next morning it did not respond at all. I tried charging both on the PC and on the mains, I just kept having a blinking orange light, no matter what and how long I tried. I just checked the manual, it indeed signifies a very low battery level.

I got very worried, thinking that the battery might have been fully drained by the PC, killing the battery! I even started to look about replacing the battery. I found instruction movies about the M8. I can tell you, you do not want to try that at home! So I was afraid it needed to go to repair. Only wondering if there would be any guarantee, and in what shape it would get back.

Then I stumbled on this thread, it saved my day!

I tried the reboot by power + volume down. To my great surprise it did start up! I had already rooted this phone, so I could go to recovery and restart to system from there. That went flawlessly, and it showed a 100% battery!! WTF?

You do not need to take out anything like SIM or SD, just reboot.

I am astonished about this situation. What happened? The starting button is fiddly and is not easy to use, but I tried several times. Anyway, the LED signalled plainly WRONG.

I am very worried that people may end up with repair costs that are totally unnecessary!

pyrotrumpet

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
You are a freaking life saver. I have to wake up for work in about 3 hours and I had no idea what I was going to do, but these steps fixed my issue!

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been having problems charging as well but in my case it's the micro usb port because moving the cable is enough for it to start charging again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad