Sending Short Videos MMS

chris newsom1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Help! I just came over from iPhone. Is there any way too and short video clips? Can't figure it out. I've tried Textra and stock messaging app. Help please.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the carrier, you're limited to from 300KB to 1.2MB for MMS (including the text). There's no way to change that, it's a carrier-set limit. iMessage isn't MMS, so it doesn't have that limit.

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
First off, I'm on Verizon and use the stock messaging app. The way I send short videos is go into the stock messaging app, choose the person I want to send the video to or create a new message (if I don't currently have a convo going with them), then I touch the paperclip in the top right, touch video, then touch camcorder and record the video from there. I've had it work hit and miss with previously recorded videos, but it's worked 99% of the time i've initiated the video recording thru the messaging app.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you initiate video record through the message app, it defaults to MMS resolution so that the video is compressed and can be sent through MMS (based on the maximum size limit).
If you do it from the camera app itself, first you need to change the video resolution to MMS so that it compresses it as you are recording.

chris newsom1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Problem is I generally don't know I'm gonna send a video until after I record it. At that point I can't send. I've heard about uploading to cloud (drive) first and then sending a link.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01