Why is my Verizon message app so slow?

andres plazas

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
verizon message app very slow

I have been using the verizon message app for a while now, however, it seems to been working slower progressively. Every time i open a conversation it could take up to 2 seconds open it and show the conversation itself. Is this a normal behavior? any way to fix the bug? Thanks

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: verizon message app very slow

Welcome to AC :)
It's possible that you have a lot of messages saved. Some SMS apps don't handle that well. Is there any messages you can delete?

salm04

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I have been using the verizon message app for a while now, however, it seems to been working slower progressively. Every time i open a conversation it could take up to 2 seconds open it and show the conversation itself. Is this a normal behavior? any way to fix the bug? Thanks

Make sure there is no available updates in the play store for the app. Also as the last 2 post stated make sure you delete any old or unnecessary messages and maybe try a different messenger app.

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Factory app is way better.
I worked for Verizon for over 2yrs and always disabled the app right away in setup of every phone once they started integrating it.

I left on good terms and graduated to automotive sales.

Posted via the Android Central App

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, with all the 3rd party apps for texting, theres better solutions out there for sure.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I immediately disabled the Verizon app when I got the phone and starting using the stock app. However, about 4 months in I had the same problem as you. Threads would take up to 15 seconds to open. I was told deleting all my texts would solve that, however I need to be able to quickly go back and look at texts from old conversations. I switched to Textra, and have never looked back. It's incredibly fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles