Best phone you ever had

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Motorola StarTAC 7868. Threw it about 100 feet down a blacktop parking lot in a soaking rain once. You can still see the slight flat spot - with a good light and a magnifying glass. they don't make phones like that any more. (Mentioning the Nextel i58 wouldn't be fair - that's like comparing Volkswagens to Abrams tanks. Waterproof [not resistant, proof], drop-proof from 30 feet that I've seen, although I've heard of them being dropped further without a scratch, throw it against a wall and if the wall isn't solid, you'll have a hold in the wall. We used to throw it on the floor ot at a steel portion of the wall - as hard as we could - to demonstrate how tough it was. Picked up the battery and battery cover, replaced them and turned the phone back on.)

Current best? Note 3. (AT&T, though, so locked up tighter than Midas' purse.) M8 would be, but non-replaceable battery (I don't buy phones like that) and no S-Pen, although I could probably live with a capacitive stylus and a small tube glued to the Otterbox to hold it.

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I like the htc one m8. The battery is really good. Prior to this I had the htc one m7 and the m8 is definitely an improvement

However my best ever phone is the Nokia n8. At the time it came out, the camera destroyed everything that came before it and still better camera than pretty much most smartphones today and the development with this phone supported really well

Posted via the Android Central App

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Best phone for me ever: Nokia 808. Still have it and use it occasionally. If there's a special family event or outing I use the 808 for my pictures even now. Camera on it is unbelievable and it has very good media and connectivity options.

The M8 is up there and my daily user and work, it's towards the top of my list.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Note 3 and M7. Have yet to discover something that peaks my interest to switch from the Note 3. The G3 almost hooked me, but the feeling faded quickly. We'll see what happens in a year when my contract is up

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Its the best smartphone I have ever used.. I'm so happy with my M8 that I won't be upgrading this year. There is simply no need! My M8 has been so good to me, I'm going to roll with "her" until she goes out on me!

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
M8 followed by the Droid DNA. Ive tried everything Samsung offers and none of them came close to the M8 as a whole. Its the closest to perfect as any phone as been for me personally.

Sean1624

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
It would be my flip phone Motorola RAZR, or the lg env touch. The RAZR got ran over and it was still perfect. No screens cracked. And the env touch... That thing survived brutal wear and tear. Other than that, my best smartphone would be the one I currently have, the moto x 2nd gen.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The smartphone I kept the longest was the Nexus S. I had it for five months. But overall satisfaction with a device, the best would have to be the iPhone 6 Plus with the Note 4 a close second. I have been going back and forth with those two powerhouses for a while. Started the year with the iPhone 6 Plus and plan to keep it throughout 2015.

fiat3192

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 6 coming soon
Note 4 disappointed
I want to try stock Android again
Moto X I liked but better sucked

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The M8 is probably the Best I've ever owned. As a whole its just works the best for me out of any of the other phones ive owned.

Galaxy Nexus is a very close second though. I loved being able to flash a new rom whenever I wanted and throw on a theme just because I was in the mood for something different. Being a Verizon chap it's likely the only Nexus phone I will ever see otherwise I probably would have stayed with the nexus line.

Gotta admit though, now that I have tasted the HTC front speakers, I may not leave unless someone else really challenges that.