Lens protector adhering

anon(9263092)

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Just got my SlickWraps lens protector for my One M8.
I've been reading some threads regarding the lens scratches problem that make photos look vague so I ordered the lens protector just to be on the safe side.
Before I adhere the protector to the lenses, would you recommend to clean the lens and remove the not-well-known scratchy layer although the photos I take look good? If so, I assume there are instructions to do it safely without damaging the lenses.
Or should I just use the microfibre towel that comes with the lenses and then adhere them right after?

Thanks.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I used a Magic Eraser after reading someone else used one and had excellent results. But it's not the only method that works. There's a rather large thread on here about it and seems like everyone had their own certain way to do it.

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I used rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. The stupid coating scratches so easily. Ever since I removed the coating, I've had no scratches on the lens and my pictures are finally crystal clear again.

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I think I may have to do this too. My lens is pretty scratched up and just recently started noticing that my pictures were not as clear as they have been in the past.