AT&T finally getting 4.4 update!

ChristianStella

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
4.4 is downloading on my AT&T M8 OTA right now. It's ABOUT time.

I bought my phone days after 4.3 was pulled so I've been waiting months for a silly file manager.

Getting ready to guinea pig.

Posted via the Android Central App

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I got the 4.4.4 update today in Dallas Texas area. HD Voice is working. Already had the EYE features as I was one of the few customers that got the 4.4.3 update before it was pulled.

ajacobs79

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome. Yeah, hoping the update makes it's way westward at some point today. This waiting game is the worst, haha! And absent the 5.0 update, this one at least seems more than just incremental. Do you notice a big difference with the HD Voice?

ChristianStella

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I am in Central Florida. Battery life seems better than before... A surprising thing to say about an update.

The notification LED had not really been working for me before. Just now it started working overtime and it is flashing with no notifications. Ugh. It's flashing even when I turned it off. Super annoying.

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Saludos, all 3 M8s at home received the update yesterday. Located in Rio Grande Puerto Rico. Thus far no trouble and yes battery life is a lot better which was one of the improvements listed on the update.

aramos87

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
They installed more than Uber, mostly At&t apps, but its nothing that can't be fixed with a little bit of unlocking and rooting. But for those who don't normally root their phone's, the fact that they instal apps over an OTA is bull****.

ChristianStella

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
This was my first Android phone. Had it for about 4 months and love a lot of things about the OS, but I sadly expect I'll be jumping back to Apple next upgrade. I just can't get past the fact that I had to wait 4 months to get any update with the hopes of fixing the few bugs I had. Now I have a flashing LED that I can't shut off and can expect I'll have to live with that at least 2 more months. The carriers really screw with Android... What a shame. Not that Apple doesn't bloat their own OS on their own.

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that Uber was installed this morning as well. Thankfully it can be disabled.

Anyone have a clue as to what AMBS cloud messaging is? Google search has been unhelpful.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with that. You will probably want a new phone before the M8 sees Lollipop. Install a Lollipop custom rom if you really want it. Otherwise live with KitKat.
Betting Sprint and maybe Verizon customers see Lollipop within 30 days and probably less.......

ajacobs79

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't received the update to my phone. Can't understand why it hasn't been pushed, or why my phone can't find an update when I have it check. AT&T even tried pushing the update with no success. Any ideas from the folks here as to why? Really don't want to manually install the update from HTC's syncing software, as it essentially wipes the phone and replaces the entire firmware and software. :'(

MatthewGavin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I got 4.4.4 yesterday and my m8 seems a lot faster. The message app dos not have any lag anymore and it runs very smoothly. I am very happy with the update.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know when Lollipop is supposed to be released for HTC one M8?

One will hope that this could see carrier phones soon.

If this has been pushed out with Sense 6, then the coding is pretty much done other than testing it with carrier mods.

So, I assume that it's been delivered and is in testing.... Question is..... Who get's it done and released first!