Why is my HTC One M8 lagging after Lollipop 5.0 update?

GoldenBrown05

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
HTC One M8 Lagging after Lollypop 5.0

Ever since i updated to the new software yesterday my phone has been lagging when i open up messages but especially using the keyboard, i can basically write an entire message out before it shows and the haptic feedback kicks in.. its ridiculous.
I've power cycled, cleaned it (clean master) and its still doing it..
i don't have a lot on this phone as it is, im using 11% of my storage, i have about 20 photos, no music or videos, i keep running apps to a minimum... any advice, or at least anyone having the same issue?

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 Lagging after Lollypop 5.0

Did you Power Off and then Power On (not restart) consider it as a reboot, some temporary cache files can only be cleared like that.

Sent from my HTC One M8

GoldenBrown05

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Right, i've just been restarting, i've performed a Power Off/Power On, ill see how is over the next 24 hours.

Thanks

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site

I hope it will clear your issue, as lollipop is running real smooth on my M8

I was going to tell you to disable the Fast Boot option before you make the Power Off/On, but surprisingly that option doesn't seems to be available on Lollipop.

Sent from my HTC One M8

GoldenBrown05

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, I wiped the messages that it seemed to have the issue with and I've stuck it in high performance mode..
Keyboard still a little laggy but nothing as major as it was.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Wiping the cache partition will usually fix the lag after an OS update. Have you tried that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, I wiped the messages that it seemed to have the issue with and I've stuck it in high performance mode..
Keyboard still a little laggy but nothing as major as it was.
You should be aware that using the high performance mode will drain your battery faster than normal. So I don't think that you should use it as a solution for the lag.

Sent from my HTC One M8

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

You need to enter recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik, When it reboots it will optimize all your apps and you should be Golden

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ow-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html

You probably do NOT need to do this. Just try a simple power off (all the way off, not the close and reboot), then reboot.

Always try the simple method first, because if it was common to require a cache clear HTC would have built it into the update.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

You probably do NOT need to do this. Just try a simple power off (all the way off, not the close and reboot), then reboot.

Always try the simple method first, because if it was common to require a cache clear HTC would have built it into the update.
You are going from one base to another not just a update of the same base. For one its going from using Dalvik to using ART and thats a big change. wiping the cache is simple and he won't lose any data , he might need to reinstall some apps from the playstore. I do agree to try the complete shutdown but if by chance a old system file has been left behind a good wipe can;t hurt either.

Warren Saunders

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
You are going from one base to another not just a update of the same base. For one its going from using Dalvik to using ART and thats a big change. wiping the cache is simple and he won't lose any data , he might need to reinstall some apps from the playstore. I do agree to try the complete shutdown but if by chance a old system file has been left behind a good wipe can;t hurt either.

My m8 is doing exactly the same, I've tried everything from cache to complete wipe..lags on chrome browser but especially fb an messenger

Last edited by a moderator:

chowdog13

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My m8 is doing exactly the same, I've tried everything from cache to complete wipe..lags on chrome browser but especially fb an messenger

I've noticed additional lag in general with the lollipop update but particularly in fb messenger like you, thought I might have been the only one.

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Using the Facebook messenger app, I came across an issue where when I sent a message on my HTC One M8 running stock android 5.0.1 with sense 6 unlocked, it would sometimes freeze for around 10 seconds, locking up both the app and most of the functionality of my phone.
Since I've had this issue and have been able to replicate it after using HTC's tool to reinstall my OS and only the messenger app, I figure other people will as well.
Sorry for the keywords, trying to make this google-able on the chance other people have this issue with their HTC One M8 on lollipop unlocked or developer edition phone using the Facebook messenger app.
The issue seems to come from the in-app sounds. When my phone is on silent or vibrate, I can send messages without the hang or lag, but as soon as I turn the ringtone volume up passed muted, it starts to go really slow again.
My solution to this is to go into the fb messenger app settings, and uncheck the box that says "in-app sounds".
I have sent multiple reports of the bug to Facebook, so hopefully it'll be patched soon enough.

Zoli Bertli

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the same problem. I tried this disabled in-app sounds and it helped a lot. I hope this annoying laggy typing will be soon fixed. Thanks for the tip!

Mohammed Patherya

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue with my HTC ONE M8 which came about after the update to Android 5.0. The issue is that my phone vibrates when notification come. Sounds normal isnt it. Well the real issue is that it keeps on vibrating ever 15-20 sec till the time I see the notification. It is really irritating. I have deleted all the third party apps which might be creating any issue, switched off the vibration mode as well as when I run my phone on the silent mode still it vibrates. Please help me with this issue

shadwellal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 vibration issue after Lollipop 5.0 update?

I have an issue with my HTC ONE M8 which came about after the update to Android 5.0. The issue is that my phone vibrates when notification come. Sounds normal isnt it. Well the real issue is that it keeps on vibrating ever 15-20 sec till the time I see the notification. It is really irritating. I have deleted all the third party apps which might be creating any issue, switched off the vibration mode as well as when I run my phone on the silent mode still it vibrates. Please help me with this issue

Go to settings - accessibility - notification reminder, and set it to off.

Matt_ElGordo

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 vibration issue after Lollipop 5.0 update?

Go to settings - accessibility - notification reminder, and set it to off.

You're my saver dude ! Had the same issue after upgadint to Android 5.0 on HTC One m8 and the loop notification reminder is the hell !!

Cheers

htc on m8 user

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
My M8 has extremely bad lag since the att 4.4.4 update a couple of weeks ago. opening text messages is most noticeable but other functions are affected too. Hope this is a quick fix!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2