How to run the Lollipop hidden game?!

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Are there hidden easter eggs on HTC's to begin with? As normally when tabbing the Android version number a hidden easter runs.

Now when my M8 was running Android 4.x (KitKat) I couldn't run the KitKat easter egg. After the update to Android 5.x (Lollipop) still couldn't find a way to run the lollipop easter egg.

So does anyone has any info. about that?

Sent from my HTC One M8

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Settings, About Phone, Android Version (tap repeatedly), leads to Lollipop....tapping and pressing on this and that takes you into the Lollipop game. Is that what you're asking about?
I don't think that Easter eggs come into it any more.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Settings, About Phone, Android Version (tap repeatedly), leads to Lollipop....tapping and pressing on this and that takes you into the Lollipop game. Is that what you're asking about?
I don't think that Easter eggs come into it any more.
Yes, that's what I am asking about, but it is just nothing launch on my M8 when I do that.

It is not really something important to me, it is just I am curious of why it is not happening on my M8.

Sent from my HTC One M8

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Are you running a custom ROM? I am running InsertCoin 6.0.5 and I am not getting the game either and I am assuming the developer removed that while compiling the ROM.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Are you running a custom ROM? I am running InsertCoin 6.0.5 and I am not getting the game either and I am assuming the developer removed that while compiling the ROM.
Nope, I have an OTA update Lollipop 5.0.1, so maybe easter eggs are not working because HTC use the Sense skin/launcher, that's the only assumption I can think of.

That's why I started this topic to see if it is the same with other M8 users.

Sent from my HTC One M8

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed, it does not work in Lollypop 5.0.1.
But
Settings / About / Software Information / More / them tap many times on Build Number
will give you Developer options which will show up as the second to last option on Settings menu.

I can't recommend blindly changing anything on those developers options unless you know what you're doing.

I haven't found any other easter eggs. Anybody got a list?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Open the Settings app and scroll down to the About Phone section and tap it. On the About Phone screen, look for the Android version number and then tap it a few times. Needless to say you must be running Android 5.0 for this to work.

Running Android 5.0.1 on an unlocked non-carrier-branded M8, and I can tap ALL DAY LONG on the android version number and it will not do anything.

Further, the menus in 5.0.1 M8 contain no such thing as "About Phone".
The last menu item is simply "About",
Inside of About you have
Software updates
Tell HTC
Help
Network
Phone Identity
Software Information
Legal information.

Inside of Software Information, you have
Android Version (tap all day, nothing happens)
HTC Sense Version
HTC SDK API Level
More

Inside of More, you have
Kernel Version
Baseband Version
Build number

(there is an easter egg under build number, but it is not a a game)

Please be sure you are posting about an actual M8.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
@icebike they might be referring to the GPE version of the HTC One M8 which probably has the hidden game since it's pure Google Android.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Confirmed, it does not work in Lollypop 5.0.1.
But
Settings / About / Software Information / More / them tap many times on Build Number
will give you Developer options which will show up as the second to last option on Settings menu.

I can't recommend blindly changing anything on those developers options unless you know what you're doing.

I haven't found any other easter eggs. Anybody got a list?
I already know about the developer options, I had then enabled back when my M8 was running KitKat so that I can change to ART runtime.

Of course after the update those options were still enabled but on Lollipop I have no use of them as a normal user, plus Lollipop use ART runtime by default.

Still, thanks for your contribution in my topic.
Open the Settings app and scroll down to the About Phone section and tap it. On the About Phone screen, look for the Android version number and then tap it a few times. Needless to say you must be running Android 5.0 for this to work.

@icebike they might be referring to the GPE version of the HTC One M8 which probably has the hidden game since it's pure Google Android.
So basically easter eggs only exist on the initial untouched versions of Android. Well, thanks for clarification, now I can be at peace from thinking about it.

Sent from my HTC One M8

acuda27

May 21, 2010
Visit site
That's not true, the easter eggs work on Samsung and LG which run their own launchers...... I have only seen this issue with HTC

TheKwak

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have an HTC One too. Both HTC One and HTC One M8 do not have the Android Easter Egg because they have their own settings app, instead of using the stock Android settings app.

LB LB

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have found how to add&launch the easter egg on HTC One M8 .
You have 2 options:
1. install a launcher that allows you to create shortcuts to specific Activities of apps, like "Nova Launcher" for example.
2. install an app that can create such shortcuts on any launcher, like "App Manager" (an app I've made) - search for "com.lb.app_manager" on the play store. It's the one with the icon of Android mascot with a wrench.

After that, you choose to create the shortcut to activity of the app "System UI" , which is "L Land".
Another easter egg is the previous one, which is "Dessert Case" (the one with the switching thumbnails).
When the shortcut is created, you can launch the game.
My high score before leaving this game is 3 . :)

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I have found how to add&launch the easter egg on HTC One M8 .
You have 2 options:
1. install a launcher that allows you to create shortcuts to specific Activities of apps, like "Nova Launcher" for example.
2. install an app that can create such shortcuts on any launcher, like "App Manager" (an app I've made) - search for "com.lb.app_manager" on the play store. It's the one with the icon of Android mascot with a wrench.

After that, you choose to create the shortcut to activity of the app "System UI" , which is "L Land".
Another easter egg is the previous one, which is "Dessert Case" (the one with the switching thumbnails).
When the shortcut is created, you can launch the game.
My high score before leaving this game is 3 . :)

That's interesting, I haven't tried it yet, still thanks for sharing the info. with us :)

Arin Murphy

May 25, 2015
Visit site
You need to get nova launcher once you have that you hold on the homescreen then click widgets then activities scroll down to lollipop open that then find lland and tap it that's the lollipop game and if you do the same thing again but tap desert case that's the kick at Easter egg hope is helps it worked for me