AT&T HTC One M8 4.4.4 MMS/Group Messaging Issues

Harry Ismer

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
apologies if my post was confusing. The First part of "Restart service" was just a temporary fix to try and resync messages that may have been missed. However my second part of actually logging into your account online and removing the service as part of your plan has fixed 10 phones so far of my friends and neither ever having the issue again. I have even tested by re adding it and boom it breaks again. Then when i completely remove again i never have the issue again. Here is another post just in case you didnt see it. If you are doing this and still having trouble apologies then for reposting this. I just wanted to be absolutely clear thats all. Thanks!
**Did you log into your actual account online via web browser?? That is the only place i found it not on my bill. You log in and go to the top link that says MyATT and hover over it.. then hover over Wireless. On the left you will see a link that says View My Plan & Features. click on that. then depending on how many phones you have you should see your numbers and phones and a small link under that says manage.. click on that. On the right side it will show features you have. You should see something that says message sync or backup.. something along those lines. click on it then you eventually see a "remove" link and follow the steps. I was having the same issue repeatedly for all text messages. The moment i removed this service they all stopped and have not had one issue since for weeks now. **

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Still having "Sender Unknown" messages with "Message not found" issues...I tried to chat up an AT&T support person today and they said it is a "known issue" and that they are waiting from a "firmware update" from HTC to fix it...FWIW.

I'm wondering if the developer ROM for LP is any different than the one supplied by AT&T...does anyone have experience with both and/or is anyone using the developer 5.0+ ROM and not the AT&T pushed version of LP still having this issue?

I believe you are correct. I have the unlocked developer edition and I too have this issue. I don't think at&t is to blame but HTC is.

Eric Chen4

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
apologies if my post was confusing. The First part of "Restart service" was just a temporary fix to try and resync messages that may have been missed. However my second part of actually logging into your account online and removing the service as part of your plan has fixed 10 phones so far of my friends and neither ever having the issue again. I have even tested by re adding it and boom it breaks again. Then when i completely remove again i never have the issue again. Here is another post just in case you didnt see it. If you are doing this and still having trouble apologies then for reposting this. I just wanted to be absolutely clear thats all. Thanks!
**Did you log into your actual account online via web browser?? That is the only place i found it not on my bill. You log in and go to the top link that says MyATT and hover over it.. then hover over Wireless. On the left you will see a link that says View My Plan & Features. click on that. then depending on how many phones you have you should see your numbers and phones and a small link under that says manage.. click on that. On the right side it will show features you have. You should see something that says message sync or backup.. something along those lines. click on it then you eventually see a "remove" link and follow the steps. I was having the same issue repeatedly for all text messages. The moment i removed this service they all stopped and have not had one issue since for weeks now. **

Did they move the location of this feature? I can't find it in MyAT&T...

dani72092

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm still having this issue on my HTC Desire Eye. I haven't been pushed Lollipop yet and I already tried contacting AT&T. They basically said to reset my phone and they would send a "patch" to my phone to fix the issue. Still not fixed and I haven't heard anything more from them.

I turned of Enhanced 4G and the Cloud Printing Services (I wasn't sure where to update this one, so I just disabled it). I looked in myAT&T Services, but I don't have any Backup/Syncing services on my phone...

I MMS with my family (who has iPhones, ugh) all the time and this is so frustrating that I miss out on the majority of the conversation!

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It's an issue with HTC's ROM's I'm sure. It's working "well enough" for most people, which means most folks aren't going to complain. This issue is going to coast under the radar. I have the issue and haven't complained myself. I have the unlocked edition on at&t.

Posted via the Android Central App

grafik22

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a solution to this?

I have 4.4.3 on my M8 and am using Hangouts. Is everyone else using hangouts or other messenging apps have same issue?

I did a bunch of searching it seems like ppl across all carriers and all phones have this issue as well.

APN seems like a common fix but I did not have AT&T backup / sync messages option in my oLAM or in my messaging app.

What crap it's 2015 like just figure it out right

dani72092

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the default Android messenger but I've been told that Hangouts and other apps don't necessarily help with the situation. I also didn't have backup/sync as part of my plan, so I'm not sure what else to do.

After talking with AT&T, they said they investigated the situation and determined that all of my messages were coming through as expected, even though I pointed them to multiple instances of the issue. They recommended that I stock-reboot my phone to the original state, saying that it was probably something I installed. After informing them it was a common problem they said they might just "have to get their hands on it" to see if it was a hardware problem and that they had no idea when Lollipop was going to be released for my phone.

skinbubble

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
It is now November in 2015 and I am still having issues with this issue. Looking to switch from HTC as this has gone on too long for me.

ATAVU5

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I converted my AT&T HTC m8 to Google Play edition over a year ago. This is when I first experienced the problem. Now I've updated to Marshmallow via OTA update, and I can't send/receive picture messages at all. This is insane. How can an issue like this go unaddressed for so long?

grafik22

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I converted my AT&T HTC m8 to Google Play edition over a year ago. This is when I first experienced the problem. Now I've updated to Marshmallow via OTA update, and I can't send/receive picture messages at all. This is insane. How can an issue like this go unaddressed for so long?

Still nothing? It seems like this happens most when I'm in an area of weaker signal. It's SO obnoxious when everyone else's phone just works.

jtrue

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded to lollipop 5.0.2. Still having intermittent issues with sending and receiving mms message. Currently rooted but installed the stock recovery then the OTA update. Wiped cache then did a hard reset, no dice. Planning to unroot and send this pos back.

jtrue

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded to lollipop 5.0.2. Still having intermittent issues with sending and receiving mms message. Currently rooted but installed the stock recovery then the OTA update. Wiped cache then did a hard reset, no dice. Planning to unroot and send this pos back.

After checking into my plan further it appears that I had backup to the cloud enabled for my messages. I had previously disabled that option, but must've readded it at some point. Anyways after upgrading to 5.0.2 and disabling the message backup service it appears I'm good to go. I'll report back if I have any other issues.

Mskaren09

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I have been scratching my head for the last year on this issue. Thanks for giving me the solution. As soon as I disabled AT&T locker, all my group messeges are working. Simple fix but unknown unless someone has had the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22