Just updated to lollipop....Help I'm going bonkers!!

nwcub77

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I updated my m8 to the new lollipop OS earlier today and I've literally been pulling my hair out here ever since. Just wondering if anyone can help with the following issues I am experiencing:-

- when I receive a text message my phone vibrates as per the norm, however it continues to vibrate every 5 seconds or so until I literally have to unlock my phone and click on it to read the message. This never happened prior to updating my phone - it only vibrated the once to inform me I had a text

- I'm really not liking the new notifications. I much preferred it when you just received a little icon in the notification bar right at the top of the phone to tell me I have email/text/whatsapp messages. Is there anyway way of changing it back instead of having those horrible grey boxes popping up on your screen when your in the middle of something?

- this last one is the most annoying. Prior to updating I set my music app (the one with the red headphones icon) to appear on my lock screen so that when i am listening to music in my car all i had to do was swipe the headphone icon up and my music was then immediately available without having to enter my 4 digit pin. Now i'm using lollipop, when i swipe the icon up it immediately asks me to insert my pin number which is a nightmare to do whilst driving!

Sorry this is quite a long thread, but I've looked everywhere on my phone and i cant see any answers to the above.

Thanks for reading guys :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Regarding the first issue, see what happens if you wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ow-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html.

Regarding the second issue, you could make use of Priority Notifications to decide which apps you will allow to interrupt with notifications, and which should remain silent. Ask AC: What's that star in my notification area? | Android Central

Can't comment on the third issue yet--my wife's M8 is still on KitKat, so I can't test things out.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Regarding the first issue, see what happens if you wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ow-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html.

Regarding the second issue, you could make use of Priority Notifications to decide which apps you will allow to interrupt with notifications, and which should remain silent. Ask AC: What's that star in my notification area? | Android Central

Can't comment on the third issue yet--my wife's M8 is still on KitKat, so I can't test things out.

Plus one on wiping the cache partition.

Posted via the Android Central App