Lockscreen change after update - How to revert?

Andrew Lynch

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
HTC one M8 lockcreen. After I update to latest software I lost the ability to swipe right beside the weather symbol in lock screen to open Google keep. Does anyone know how I can get that option back?

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
HTC one M8 lockcreen. After I update to latest software I lost the ability to swipe right beside the weather symbol in lock screen to open Google keep. Does anyone know how I can get that option back?
If I am not wrong, you are referring to the lockscreen widgets, and sadly, the lockscreen widgets feature is no longer available on the M8 after the Lollipop update.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's not only a problem with the M8. Lollipop kind of "locked" the lockscreen. There's not much you can do about that.

You can try some apps that put toggles and apps in the notification bar. My choice was Power Toggles. That way you would add some shortcuts in your lockscreen.

Edit: I just ran a quick test setting a toggle for Keep in the lock screen. Well ... no need to try that :)

Last edited:

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I miss my lock screen widgets. I was able to find an app called Widget Pager in the Google Play Market. I paid for the paid version. It's not perfect but it does give me the ability to add widgets to my screen. I am missing KitKat so very much.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You might try a paid app called Widget Locker that is made by the developer of Nova Launcher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk