How can I fix my Play button for music/ videos (HTC One M8)?

Injured_songbird

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Play button for music/ videos not working- HTC one M8

I was walking around town earlier today and whilst listening to music, my headphone's jack slid out of the bottom of the phone. I went to plug it back in but I manged to accidentally push the phone out of my jacket pocket and into some snow. It seemed to be a relatively soft landing at the time. After I had picked up the phone, I tried to resume the song and found that I wasn't able to play music for any longer than a fraction of a second before it paused on me.

I've tried steaming spotify and youtube with and without headphones in, but neither were able to play their content for more than half a second before pausing themselves. Strangely enough, when I streamed netflix, the problem was resolved temporarily. Just as well, the said issue does not occur on alarms or ringtones. I've also tried powering off my phone and clearing cache's, but nothing has seemed to make a difference thus far.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can possibly do to resolve the issue or have an explanation as to why netflix is the only audio/ video software I've been able to use and view properly since the incident?

Thanks!