How do you look at call duration?

Jaydec89

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I could do it before the LP update, but I'm trying to look at the duration of phone conversations I have had.

Any suggestions? I know I can look at my monthly statement for call history, but I'm sure there is a way to view it more easily on my m8.

Posted via the Android Central App

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
For Calls History:-
1. Open the Phone/Calls app
2. Slide to the most left (Call History)
3. Tap and hold on one of the names
4. Select View history

Now you will see a list of calls/texts/emails you have with that contact, if you open More calls, you will get a detailed list of all calls you made with that contact.

Regarding Lockscreen Widgets:-
Sadly that feature is no longer available after the Lollipop update.

Sent from my HTC One M8

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I think what the OP was looking for, as an I, is call duration. Where can we see how long the call lasted?

Posted via Android Central App

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I think what the OP was looking for, as an I, is call duration. Where can we see how long the call lasted?

Posted via Android Central App
If you have an M8, kindly have a second look at what I wrote and follow it, and come back to me with the result, I am looking forward to get your response.

Sent from my HTC One M8

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If you have an M8, kindly have a second look at what I wrote and follow it, and come back to me with the result, I am looking forward to get your response.

Sent from my HTC One M8
I followed your instructions, and unlike KitKat, I don't see call duration.....

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
1) Open Phonebook (People)
2) Tap open any of your contacts
3) Open settings (3 dots, top right corner)
4) Select Edit tabs
5) Make sure Thread is enabled

Sent from my HTC One M8

I double checked the settings as you described above. Thread was enabled. Still no call duration in View History. In KitKat , it had duration there. Since the update it's gone. Maybe it's specific to carrier (Sprint). Really not a big deal for me, I just wanted to see if there was something I was missing....

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
DeathHunter,

Sorry, I should of mentioned in my post that I had followed your process.

I can see that I talked with my Dad at 8:21 this morning, but it doesn't show the length of time. It shows that I also talked with him on Jan 26 at 9:34, Jan 22 at 9:07, etc... but still, none of the entries shows a call duration. This morning my HTC One M8 HK was upgraded to Lolipop, so my results are the same regardless of what version I was/am running.

I assume we're both talking the same thing about call duration?

Thanks,
David...

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
DeathHunter,

Sorry, I should of mentioned in my post that I had followed your process.

I can see that I talked with my Dad at 8:21 this morning, but it doesn't show the length of time. It shows that I also talked with him on Jan 26 at 9:34, Jan 22 at 9:07, etc... but still, none of the entries shows a call duration. This morning my HTC One M8 HK was upgraded to Lolipop, so my results are the same regardless of what version I was/am running.

I assume we're both talking the same thing about call duration?

Thanks,
David...
I remember seeing it in there at one point, but you're right, it's gone. We have the same phones/carriers....Maybe a Sprint tweek?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon here...M8...not on Lollipop yet but in my phone I have the date and the duration but not the TIME of the call. So just the opposite of what you have?? Seems like you get one or the other but not both?? Typical stupidity!

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what is going on with your M8's, but it is more likely to a carrier restriction as some of you pointed out.

As on my M8 I get date, time, and durations of my calls. The history goes back to the day I bought it (November 2014)

It was running KitKat 4.4.2 when I bought it, I upgraded to KitKat 4.4.4, and followed by an upgrade to Lollipop 5.0.2, yet my M8 still shows all calls details from the day I started using it.

I bought my M8 cash, so it is not linked to any carrier, I get that updates straight from HTC. Now I have a question does your carriers offer any service for calls history?! If not, then why would they put such meaningless restriction!

4bbdc5c3cc552d212215e12515176e85.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8

Last edited:

BerryDunston

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
HTC One_M8 Android Version: 5.0.1
For listing calls with Call duration data:
Select: Phone icon > call history > select, press and hold on a call record > on the popup menu that comes up select ‘view history’ and you'll see all the calls to and from that person with start time and durations for each call in chronological order…
BUT if you do not - then select the 3 dots on top right of the screen > then select "Edit tabs" > and then check “Thread” - make sure it is ticked. “Details” should also be ticked.
“Updates” does not need to be ticked…
This should allow call duration times to be listed at View History.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante