Has the purple tint camera issue gone?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I had several htc m7 phones before and each one inhad a purple tint whenever I took a picture in low light conditions, just wondered if this has been fixed for he htc m8?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Sh ok thanks, what's the camera lens coating issue
There is a very thin film that coats the rear camera lens. Over a period of time that coating will get scratched. The scratches show up as blurs and smears and flare ups in the pictures that you take. It was probably a coating that was put on during the manufacturing process and wasn't removed before the units were shipped. If you start noticing problems in your pictures you can look at the rear camera, at a slight angle, and you'll see that it looks really scratched up. All you need to do to correct it is get a Magic Eraser, get it damp (but not dripping wet) and lightly rub it on the lens. It will remove all of the coating and the lens will be back to new. This isn't something you'll need to do over and over again, but you will probably have to do it one time.

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
On the M8? You're the first person I've heard who had purple tint issues on the M8.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm definitely not the first person to bring it up, just google it and you'll see its a common issue as with the M7 - don't get me wrong, I had the M8 about 8 months ago, a software update might have fixed it since then, but when I look back at photos I had taken, especially with a white background in the pic, the purple tint is very noticeable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800