Has anyone else left the iPhone to go to the M8? Im finding it hard to adjust :(

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Well i decided to give up my iphone 6 and go to the htc m8 cause i think i was getting ripped off with the iphone, not much difference to my old iphone 5.

However since going to the M8, i love the phone but there are a few things im missing with the iphone, really bugging me cause i want a change, im always bored of the iphone hence looking elsewhere.

Just things annoying me such as ease of texting, just seems to be miles faster with the ios. Also cant get use to the notifcations on the lockscreen, i miss my calendar events showing. Also keep reading people saying about the battery life on the M8 and the drain?

Sorry for the rant, im just worried ive made the wrong choice

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
So why don't you get back to the iPhone?!

For me I was using an iPhone4, I pushed it to its limits, latest supported iOS and jailbroken, which was way too much for its outdated hardware to handle. That's when I decided to buy the M8 for a change.

iPhone4 was my one and only iOS device, M8 is my one and only Android device.

Of course It would not be fair to campare the M8 with the iPhone4, however, operating system wise, I see that Android is better than iOS

Sent from my HTC One M8

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you don't like the keyboard on the One, just replace it. I use SwiftKey, which is fantastic, but there's others. If you don't like the stock messaging app, replace it. I use hello SMS, but there's others like Textra.

Calendar events can show on the lock screen, and you can turn off lock-screen notifications from apps. It's all in settings.

Android makes you work a bit more for some things, but it also gives you more options. It's up to you how you feel about having options.

Mike2105

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I was like you. My M8 is my first taste of android and the reason I changed sounds the same as yours. Apple never really make any changes. A new iOS update gives more change than a new phone does.
I love the personalisation you can do with an android phone and the M8 is the best there is. It's also the best made and best looking phone on the market today.
My view is you've not made a mistake. You've moved into the android world where you can change pretty much whatever you like on your phone. Do some research and download loads of apps and try them out. Different launchers, different lock screens. Different keyboards etc. I've downloaded probably three or four times more apps in the 9 months I've had my phone than the four years I had an iPhone for.

Posted via the Android Central App

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks much appreciated, I'm hoping it's initial tearthing problems and I need to understand that no phone is one hundred percent perfect

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Well ive just taken the plunge and got rid of the iphone 6. Became bored of it and the previous iphones i had.

Kinda got a nervous feeling here now sat looking at thie HTC M8 :)

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Well ive just taken the plunge and got rid of the iphone 6. Became bored of it and the previous iphones i had.

Kinda got a nervous feeling here now sat looking at thie HTC M8 :)
Just don't be fooled to get the M8 dot view case, at first try it would seem kinda cool, but as days goes by you will find that it is actually annoying, furthermore, it fails to protect the M8.

Sent from my HTC One M8

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Texting is the IOS's strong suite. After that, it's just vanilla. You need to give yourself time to adjust. Most people who use IOS then switch to Android, then back never gave themselves long enough time to adjust.

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Well i decided to give up my iphone 6 and go to the htc m8 cause i think i was getting ripped off with the iphone, not much difference to my old iphone 5.

However since going to the M8, i love the phone but there are a few things im missing with the iphone, really bugging me cause i want a change, im always bored of the iphone hence looking elsewhere.

Just things annoying me such as ease of texting, just seems to be miles faster with the ios. Also cant get use to the notifcations on the lockscreen, i miss my calendar events showing. Also keep reading people saying about the battery life on the M8 and the drain?

Sorry for the rant, im just worried ive made the wrong choice

I did same thing and don't miss the Apple crap. As for texting download textra, it saved me. You can add custom notifications per user as well.

For the lock screen I am using CM Locker and it works great.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I did same thing and don't miss the Apple crap. As for texting download textra, it saved me. You can add custom notifications per user as well.

For the lock screen I am using CM Locker and it works great.

Yeah, this. Give yourself the time required to adjust to android. You are running completely different software than you were with the iPhone, for some people is new and exciting,others it's hard to adjust after doing something one way for so long. It seems like you are part of the latter crowd,and that's fine, just give yourself a chance to adjust before making that decision.
Texting is the IOS's strong suite. After that, it's just vanilla. You need to give yourself time to adjust. Most people who use IOS then switch to Android, then back never gave themselves long enough time to adjust.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
It sure takes a little while getting used to Android after using iOS for a while. I used an iPhone for about 3 years and then decided to go go for the HTC M7. I nearly went back to the iPhone after 2 weeks and I sure am glad I didn't. Little things are different, I must admit the only thing I still do miss about the iPhone is the lock screen notifications. For a while I have been using NiLS lock screen on my M8, which provided an even better lock screen experience than the iPhone. But Android Lollipop has really messed that up, and NiLS doesn't work great as it used to. So if you have Android KitKat on your phone, get NiLS! Otherwise, if you do have Lollipop, I recommend CM Locker, which is probably the best lock screen notification app I have found. Of course, you can always stick to the built in lock screen notifications on Android Lollipop, but they don't work as efficiently as NiLS.