HTC Sync Manager problem! Phone is not connected.

buyshirts

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
This apk file is present in the internal storage of your phone and needs to be installed.

First go to Start menu > Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources.

Next go to Start menu > File Manager > AndroidHtcSync2.apk > install.

Connect your phone to HTC Sync Manager, it should be detected now.

doobslee

May 10, 2015
Visit site
There should be a search bar at the top of the file manager screen. Just type in androidhtcsync2.apk, click search, and click install.

K Scott Piel

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Windows 7 x64 Professional with the latest HTC Sync (downloaded today from the HTC site). HTC Sync says I don't have a phone connected, tried multiple USB cables on multiple PCs. Won't work on any of them. Windows says it is an unrecognized device.

Now the part that sucks... I do not have AndroidHtcSync2.apk on my phone. I have searched for it, even just searched for "Android" and parsed the list. It's nowhere to be found.

Now what?

~le sigh~

Vidrozid

May 13, 2012
Visit site
To All,

I too had the same problem with the HTC-Sync-Manager and had tried everything suggested elsewhere, on the internet, and did not find the HTC websites very helpful on this issue --to my disappointment.

I am happy to provide notice that thanks to "Xeyph"~'s information posted on this forum, about the "AndroidHtcSync2.apk" present in the phone's internal "sd2" storage, finally resulted in success after spending several days of trying to resolve this issue. It work immediately! Now I can move on to accomplishing the other things I needed to do. I am very grateful for your post Xeyph~!!! Thank you!

Vidrozid

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Initially, I too could not find it readily. Even using various "search" reiterations with ES File Explorer, I did not find it right-off. Later, still using ES File Explorer and with view Hidden Files turned on, I just began manually looking in the "sd" location, and then I finally found it in the "sd2" location. I then just went ahead and used ES File Explorer to install the file and it worked immediately when I went back to use the HTC-Sync-Manager. Good-luck to you if you haven't experienced success just yet. Hang-in there~!!!

Helmutrs

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok. So after playing around a bit I found out how Xeyph was able to fix this issue. It also worked for me! So here are the steps I took on my HTC One M8:

(ALL OF THESE STEPS WILL BE DONE ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE)

First series of steps: Start menu (the blocks above the home button, home button looks like a house) > Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources

Second series of steps: Start menu > File Manager > AndroidHtcSync2.apk > install

Once installed, just unplug your phone from your USB cable and plug it back in to restart the connection process with the HTC Sync Manager and it should be all good to go!

Best of luck

Hi there Antoine,

Thanks for the reponse and the advice based on Xeyph's comment. I have reinstalled both sync manager and the apk on the device with no success.

Please advise us any other avenues we can explore. Thanks,

socaligirl333

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I am going insane..I have the latest version of sync manager on my win 7 x64, as well my M8 is running the latest However every time I try to connect my phone so I can put what's left of my music & or get some of my pics off etc... Nothing, my pc doesn't even know its there.... I lost over 4000 songs on my old HTC--- apparently it backed up my pics n videos x6 EACH not a single song... and my vaio went cooko so I have almost 600 left on it & i want the on my phone.... I am seriously bumming!!! Please Help.... I will not be able to get online however pray my email is reachable by email soon ( the beach doesn't get service HENCE my needing tunes on mhy phone)
This is a nightmare!!!

DrBrianMc

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I have loaded the most recent Sync. I modified the security. I installed the file.

Still Nada. The connect phone message as before. HTC One M8.

Any ideas?

ShannonHTC

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Antoine3372 my file manager came up with no search results... I skyped it to myself so I could copy and paste apparently that method isn't going to work for me.

ETA: Maybe it's because I have an M7 *shrug*

saqibaca

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Xeyph...I have been trying to find out this "AndroidHtcSync2.apk" in my phone but its not present. I have also tried finding any source from where i can download this but in vain. Can you please upload this file or share a link from where this can be downloaded?
Thank you.

CConehtc

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Initially, I too could not find it readily. Even using various "search" reiterations with ES File Explorer, I did not find it right-off. Later, still using ES File Explorer and with view Hidden Files turned on, I just began manually looking in the "sd" location, and then I finally found it in the "sd2" location. I then just went ahead and used ES File Explorer to install the file and it worked immediately when I went back to use the HTC-Sync-Manager. Good-luck to you if you haven't experienced success just yet. Hang-in there~!!!

Hi Vidrozid

Your advice has been a massive help! But when I start installing the AndroidHtcSync2.apk on Es File Explorer it comes up with an error message "App not Installed" Any help please.

Strumblehead

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I can't find this file either. I switched to HTC as I heard great things about the M8. I really wish I hadn't bothered now. I don't want to spend all my time messing about trying to find things. I know people say Apple are crap but I never had this kind of trouble with my iPhone.

MarcusMaximi

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
win 7 pro 64 bit with one m8
I installed latest sync manager and nothing. I then found this AndroidHtcSync2.apk and installed that as suggested and still nothing.
This is ridiculous

kr0nos

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
i have tried everything suggested here, installed androidhtcsync.apk (i couldn't find androidhtcsync2.apk) but still not working. sync manager takes a long time to load my phone content and comes up with your phone disconnected pop up message. never happened before i installed lollipop and new software 7.21.707.121. it's really frustrating and time wasting. does anyone has a useful tip? thank you

gstalnaker

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I've an HTCOneM8 with the same post v5 upgrade starts to connect to HTCSyncManager, then fails with the "phone not connected" error [4]. The install of AndroidHtcSync2.apk *did* work for me. Like others I could *not* search for it as searching failed for any combo of characters. But manually searching through folder discovered it on my SD Card (not on the main device storage). I had to scroll until
"SD CARD" was shown at the top bar and scroll down past the folder listing. A tap on the .apk, select Install, confirm, then unplug/replug the USB cable, and now HTC Sync Manager loads, discovers the phone, and, as I type, is backing up the phone.

Hope this helps someone.

mangomaid

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Windows 7, I just got the HTC One M9 and run into this same problem. I had the M7 and M8 previously - I still have them. The M8 syncs fine. I've never had an issue. M9 simply will not be recognized by the Sync software on any of 3 computers (all windows 7, one 32 bit two 64 bit). The computer recognizes them and I can navigate into the storage etc. I've done all I can think of, uninstall reinstall reboot restart etc etc. I tried deleting the driver and the HTC Driver app thinking maybe the M8 driver was a conflict but no help. I did the process recommended on this thread with AndroidHTCSync.apk, that file is on my phone however it will not run. It says "Parse Error". And the file size is 0.00kb so I wonder if its corrupted? So called smart phone. Open to new ideas, even to download a new version of AndroidHTCSync.apk file if I can find it from a reliable source.

I have noticed a few things with the M9 that are buggy, particularly bluetooth issues.Times out a lot syncing to new devices but once synced it stays. However, you can't make 2 phone calls. After the first call I can hear them but they cannot hear me. And why does it ask me which device I want to sync to every time I make a call (M8 did that too)? Distracting, and annoying, and its pretty obvious if I wanted to dump the connection I would do it before dialing. Too bad, I have been an HTC fan but wonder what's going on in Taipei, Taiwan. I dig their philosophy of not trying to reinvent every 2 years but the basic stuff has to run seamlessly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol