HTC Sync Manager problem! Phone is not connected.

mangomaid

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Just a follow up, after a couple of days of fumbling around, uninstalling, reinstalling, swapping drivers and so on I finally had an aha! moment. I looked to see if the AndroidHTCSync.apk file was on my M8 and sure enough it was. So I emailed to myself, then dropped it into the M9 and the computer recognized the phone within seconds. So in my case it was that the file itself was either corrupted or did not get a good install at the factory? It is a little weird that if this particular file was so important to sync that you would think it would be available more easily for download. Maybe it is, but if it is I couldn't find it very easily. I have no idea if there are issues with this model in general or just my particular device. I really liked the M8 a lot which is why I got the M9. But this M9 is giving me heartache. I feel sad.

Ian Sheehy

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I have read this while forum and have done everything to try and find that .apk.. I have had no luck. Is there any way someone could send the file to me or a link where to get it. I'm so frustrated😖

kristiemonroe

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok. So after playing around a bit I found out how Xeyph was able to fix this issue. It also worked for me! So here are the steps I took on my HTC One M8:

(ALL OF THESE STEPS WILL BE DONE ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE)

First series of steps: Start menu (the blocks above the home button, home button looks like a house) > Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources

Second series of steps: Start menu > File Manager > AndroidHtcSync2.apk > install

Once installed, just unplug your phone from your USB cable and plug it back in to restart the connection process with the HTC Sync Manager and it should be all good to go!

Best of luck

It works. You have to slide over to the sd card tab on the File Manager. It has 2 green arrows making a circle. Worked perfectly after I followed Antwone's advice

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Pereira1

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Well, I have tried this multiple times. Still no luck. What I did try to do is for fun, I installed windows 10 on a laptop and it worked. But I can't get it to work with PC. I installed the latest HTC Sync Manager, then copied over the AndroidHtcSync2.apk, installed it and still nothing.

mlancewi

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a HTC ONE M7......none of these fixes work, Sync Manager will not recognize my phone no matter what I do. JUST USE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, it worked immediately for me. I just syncd some new music to my phone in seconds with the media player, not sure how it works with other files but its very easy with music. It recognized my phone instantly and has a window that says drag files her to sync to phone, pretty easy!

cynpanda

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
If I could kiss you I would. I've been fighting with my phone for awhile now trying to get this damn thing to sync. Your advise fixed it. And also helped me find the hidden files. I am not tech. savvy but quick and painless that was.

pedro morais

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
hi there, i´m with the same problem for months...getting crazy with it:(...i cant find the AndroidHtcSync2.apk file..anyone knows where i can safely download it ?

kind regards

mangomaid

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I feel your pain everybody. I spent well over a week going nuts trying to figure out. I am really disappointed in HTC. I went from being a fan who bought 3 HTC phones in 2 years, to wondering whether philosophically they deserve to even be in business.

For those of you looking for the .apk file, I put it them up on this free anonymous file sharing site. But, this crazy android central software will not let me post the links because I don't have more than 10 posts. Yeah I know they want to prevent spam but they also prevent people from helping each other.

Copy and paste one of the two URLs below into a browser tab, but change the first part from h$$ps to https. Someone who has more than 10 posts, please feel free to make them links and post them.

These should be safe to DL and should be impossible for someone else to corrupt/impersonate as long as the links are not changed. To recap, this file came from my HTC One M8. Using WiFi I emailed the file from my M8 to my gmail account, then downloaded to my M9 phone, overwriting the corrupted file that was shipped installed on my phone. I made the zip using the Windows 7 "send to zip file" desktop app. The unzipped file is straight off the M8 as-is, touched only by my phones, gmail and this file-sharing server.

FWIW, those asking about the M7, I don't know for sure. I seem to recall looking for it but not finding this version on that device. My One M7 synced up just fine, so it may have a different app or older app. I will charge it up later and see if I can find any more about it.

Good luck and I hope this helps. Shame on HTC for not making these files accessible to all!

Last edited:

slayer bp

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for quoting the previous comment. I had intended to simply write my related problem and finding this thread useful in that it led me to look for the .apk file, and to update/Install it.
I wrote a previous reply to this but went to Preview my comment, and poof... Two short paragraphs gone.
Owner of a M9 presently. Had a M7 previously. Always had problems with 'Phone not Connected'.
But, Sync Mgr did let me back up my PIN-locked M9 before it got wiped last night, without connection problems. It was only after the reset, when I went to Restore the M9 from the Sync Mgr that it wouldn't connect.
I just kept closing and opening Sync Mgr, and unplugging and plugging the cable in, until it connected.
Only tonight, did I see this thread on the .apk. as I looked for something else.
Thanks for the tip on the file!

Last edited:

Mitz79

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
HTC sync manager phone not connected problem solved.

Anybody still having this problem there is a very easy fix.

Go to settings/apps/HTC sync manager. Then choose to uninstall updates. Turn phone off and then on and plug into computer. Hey-presto problem solved.

Sales Promotions

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok. So after playing around a bit I found out how Xeyph was able to fix this issue. It also worked for me! So here are the steps I took on my HTC One M8:

(ALL OF THESE STEPS WILL BE DONE ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE)

First series of steps: Start menu (the blocks above the home button, home button looks like a house) > Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources

Second series of steps: Start menu > File Manager > AndroidHtcSync2.apk > install

Once installed, just unplug your phone from your USB cable and plug it back in to restart the connection process with the HTC Sync Manager and it should be all good to go!

Best of luck

Thanks a lot to Xeyph and the steps provided by Antoine3372!

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: The previous steps will also solve the HTC Sync Manager problem on the Mac OS X.

rshanner

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Just found this thread a few minutes ago, installed the apk just like Xeyph suggested and everything is working perfectly. I too had trouble finding it when I searched under the Phone Storage with no results but it was under the SD CARD tab instead. Thanks everyone for the help!

effinstumped

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks in advance. I cannot complete any fix.
Windows 8.1 64 bit with ONE M8
First I tried Antoine's
"First series of steps: Start menu (the blocks above the home button, home button looks like a house) > Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources

Second series of steps: Start menu > File Manager > AndroidHtcSync2.apk > install"

I can find the file but when I "check" it I get just get copy, delete. or move to options. How do I "install"?

I also tried
"Anybody still having this problem there is a very easy fix
Go to settings/apps/HTC sync manager. Then choose to uninstall updates. Turn phone off and then on and plug into computer. Hey-presto problem solved."

When I open settings/apps/HTC sync manager I cannot find any way to choose to uninstall updates. No such option exists on my M8.

Please help before I pull out the rest of my hair. Totally regretting buying an HTC. I need the PC connection.
My PC keeps on seeing my phone every couple of minutes and starting HTC Sync Manager only to then give the "Device unavailable. Please reconnect your device [4]" message.

Last edited:

effinstumped

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I have now found that although I have a folder named AndroidHtcSync2.apk on my M8 it is empty.
I have downloaded the file AndroidHtcSync2.apk from the internet to my PC.
How can I get it onto my phone as I cannot yet connect my PC to my M8?

Graham Phelan

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I have a Mac and I really don't know how to do this on the Mac since the instructions would be a little bit different. Would you possibly know what the instructions would be on a Macbook to fix the problem?
Thanks!

joeirish

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Same problem but with a slight twist. My phone stopped connecting to the Mac and the USB symbol stopped appearing on the status bar of the phone. So I tried on another Mac and everything connects. Any ideas? Maybe something got set on the first Mac when I was running Hot Sync but not sure what.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Same problem but with a slight twist. My phone stopped connecting to the Mac and the USB symbol stopped appearing on the status bar of the phone. So I tried on another Mac and everything connects. Any ideas? Maybe something got set on the first Mac when I was running Hot Sync but not sure what.

HTC Sync Manager is absolute garbage. You don't need it, I thoroughly advise to uninstall it from your Mac and get Android File Transfer. This is what I use and am 100% happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow